help from SPAIN: buy a rifle in 300 WM

I know there is alot of love for the Rems, but one on your list really needs considered. The Tikka is a fantastic firearm. Smoothest action on the planet(Blaser not included}, incredible accuracy out of the box, they do make one that is not considered Lite. I do agree that the stocks are a bit cheap(plastic), the fit and finish is beyond reproach. Price? best value in rifles. MHO.

They are all good rifles... I would even throw Howa and Thompson in there. I been looking for an excuse to get a Thompson. Their sub $500 rifles guarantee sub moa performance (Venture I think they call them). I have 700s in 338 RUM 300 RUM, Model Four in 6MM, Model Seven in 6MM, and a Model 722 in 244 (For all intents and purposes a 6MM) I would really like to add a Thompson in 308 or 30-06 but will probably get a Remington VTR or something.

If i were you i would go with the tikka lamenated stainless and put a limbsaver recoil pad on it my 300 wsm recoil is very manageable(its over half a pound heavier than the lite, so less recoil) or if you can afford it and import it i would go with the winchester extreme weather, they are great guns...the only difference between the extreme weather and the ultimate shadow is the stock and fluting...but if you want a heavier gun rugers are great, not the most accurate out of the bunch but plenty accurate and dependable as can be...but any of the choices youv picked would be a great gun to have. And your english is better than quite a bit of people i know.

Have you checked into the new Remington 700 Long Range? They offer them in .300 WinMag, and they're about $700 USD.

I have no personal experience with them yet, but hope to soon. They look like an excellent rifle for the money.

I know the rifle and looks very very good, and the delivery time is three months. It is very heavy 9 lbs, like my 700P.

in my country we hunt deers and wild boars in the category of "batida or montería" (being in a place waiting for the deer or wild boar come, chased by dogs) and sometimes you have to shoot more than one shot without removing the gun...and for this reason I think that maybe is a very heavy weight...

my head will explode...lightbulblightbulb

I discovered the WINCHESTER 70 COYOTE LIGHT, which can be a great candidate for what I want. Weight 7 lbs 8 oz, medium heavy barrel and BELL & CARLSON stock

It is a good weapon, better than the others?

Using that I have explained, do you think the 270 WSM is correct? The 300 WSM is the same as the 300 WM? (here in europe, 300 WSM is rarely used, but not 270 WSM)

Model 70 Coyote Light, -- Winchester Repeating Arms -- Product Model

The coyote light should be a great gun...its not light but its not super heavy, it has the best action ever made in my opinion, it has a good stock on it,if you go after bigger hogs go with the 300 wsm but if most of the hogs you shoot are smaller go with the 270...just get that, put on the scope of your choice and you should be good to go.

I have a final decision, the winner is the WINCHESTER 70 CLASSIC HUNTER 300 WM (in USA the name is SPORTER).

Winchester International

COYOTE LIGHT model is not available and do not tell me how many months it will take to come to Spain ... two, three, four months... ahhhhh ... who knows ...

(I feel a healthy envy to you because you can choose all models of all brands in the world. Here, we can only buy the classic models and best selling ... any model that is a bit special is very very difficult to get)

Now is the time to choose a riflescope, very complicated issue ...

I can not buy the best brands because I have no money for it, but I want a mid-range riflescope. Indispensable condition, Mil-Dot reticle, with increases up to 16 (I also like 24) Limit of 500 USD

Someone recommend a model? ('ll look if I can buy in SPAIN, which will not be easy...

thanks

There are problems of distribution of WINCHESTER 70 in Spain, and finally I bought the BROWNING X-BOLT composite 7MRM with WARNE MAXIMA mounts, and BURRIS FULLFIELD E1 4,5-14x42 ballistic-plex

thanks and see you soon

Browning makes good guns, and you picked an excellent caliber. The 7mmRM is my all-time favorite deer hunting caliber.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.