• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Help Contacting "elk guide 45"

Elk Guide 45 is a personal friend of mine. Hes who turned me onto this site several years ago. So i reached out to him this evening. His profile was hacked over a year ago and he cannot login. Said he hasn't been on here since. This guy is a solid dude. He just told me the last post he made was January 2022. That profile needs reported and locked.

Last edited:
Strange, elk guide 45 has been doing a lot of buying and selling here since Jan. 2022

Selling history for elk guide 45

Return to trader history menu

DateRatingSellerBuyerBuyer commentAction
Mar 6, 2022Positiveelk guide 45SkinneExcellent communication and fast shopper it arrived to my FFL 2 days earlier then it was supposed to. Buy with confidence he will take care of you
Mar 3, 2022Positiveelk guide 45KNOTFERSAILItem as described and quick shipping. Would buy from again.
Feb 21, 2022Positiveelk guide 45wyohammerHonest seller. Fast shipping.
Jan 19, 2022Positiveelk guide 45gasphI purchased some components and was very satisfied with the deal. Seller has great communication and shipped fast. A+ seller in by book.
Jan 16, 2022Positiveelk guide 45daymoneyEasy transaction, quick shipping
Jan 12, 2022Positiveelk guide 45BillLarsonGood honest man to deal with....AAA+++
Jan 10, 2022Positiveelk guide 45BarretnFast shipping great to work with. Deal with confidence.
Jan 10, 2022Positiveelk guide 45fletcherOutstanding fella to deal with and one hell of a packer!

Looks like the last post I could see was February 26th 2022. So I'm a month off regardless I'm telling you this guy is locked out of his account and whoever is talking to you is not who he says he is. Report the account.

Elk Guide 45 is a personal friend of mine. Hes who turned me onto this site several years ago. So i reached out to him this evening. His profile was hacked over a year ago and he cannot login. Said he hasn't been on here since. This guy is a solid dude. He just told me the last post he made was January 2022. That profile needs reported and locked.
If this was the case, why didn't it get deleted? Did he ask for it to be deleted? A there should have been a post warning people that "Elk Guide 45" is compromised and do not attempt any transactions.

He told me he can't even log in. So idk? The account needs deleted though. I've gone to the profile and reported it.
Thank you for letting us know. To all members, we all have buddies on this site we talk to away from the computer. Sounds like we all need to have a protocol in place that if we are hacked or locked out we get a buddy to inform the members to minimize possible damage to others and to protect our reputation and fellow members.

I do not understand why someone would "hack" a person's account. What do they hope to accomplish? I would not ship the rifle before receiving payment and FFL. If the person representing himself as Elk Guide 45 is not the real Elk Guide 45 he is doing an awesome job of pretending to be him.
Some of the PMs between us.
@elk guide 45

Well-Known Member​

JoinedOct 7, 2017Messages661
Nov 12, 2022
Ok, the most I can go right now is 2300.00 I'm leaving on a 10 day elk hunt tonight. Let me know if that would work for you. If not I fully understand. That's just the top of our budget for our daughters rifle. Thanks

Like Quote Reply

L
@Leonard-s

Active Member​

LRH Team Member
JoinedDec 10, 2018Messages39LocationMaryland
Nov 12, 2022
Where do you guide for elk? I just returned from my first elk hunt in New Mexico. What an awesome animal.
Check with me when you get back. If the rifle has not sold by then you can have it for $2300 shipped. Your daughter will love it.
Good luck on your hunt.

Quote Reply

@elk guide 45

Well-Known Member​

Nov 12, 2022
Sounds good. I guide in Colorado and Montana on our private ranches.if you can wait until I get back I'll do the 2350. Let me know. I'm leaving for Colorado now.

Like Quote Reply

L
@Leonard-s

Active Member​

LRH Team Member
Nov 12, 2022
OK. I will show the listing as Sold Pending Funds. We can settle up for the $2350 when you return.

Quote Reply

@elk guide 45

Well-Known Member​

Nov 12, 2022
Ok, I should be home Sunday after Thanksgiving. If bad weather it might be Monday. If I can get enough service I'll send payment to you. Do you do PayPal if I send it friends and family?
@Leonard-s

Active Member​

LRH Team Member
Nov 28, 2022
Still want it?

Quote Reply

@elk guide 45

Well-Known Member​

Nov 28, 2022
Yes, we got hit with a big snow storm at the end of our hunt. I'm running a couple days behind packing out these camps. I should be back home in Montana Wednesday. I can get the payment sent off then if that works for you.

That was the last time Elk Guide 45 replied to any of my PMs.

OKAY. I am done with this post. I will relist the rifle. If anyone wants to deal with Elk Guide 45, do so at your own risk.

Like Quote Reply

I do not understand why someone would "hack" a person's account. What do they hope to accomplish? I would not ship the rifle before receiving payment and FFL. If the person representing himself as Elk Guide 45 is not the real Elk Guide 45 he is doing an awesome job of pretending to be him.
Some of the PMs between us.
@elk guide 45

Well-Known Member​

Nov 12, 2022
Ok, the most I can go right now is 2300.00 I'm leaving on a 10 day elk hunt tonight. Let me know if that would work for you. If not I fully understand. That's just the top of our budget for our daughters rifle. Thanks

Like Quote Reply

L
@Leonard-s

Active Member​

LRH Team Member
Nov 12, 2022
Where do you guide for elk? I just returned from my first elk hunt in New Mexico. What an awesome animal.
Check with me when you get back. If the rifle has not sold by then you can have it for $2300 shipped. Your daughter will love it.
Good luck on your hunt.

Quote Reply

@elk guide 45

Well-Known Member​

Nov 12, 2022
Sounds good. I guide in Colorado and Montana on our private ranches.if you can wait until I get back I'll do the 2350. Let me know. I'm leaving for Colorado now.

Like Quote Reply

L
@Leonard-s

Active Member​

LRH Team Member
Nov 12, 2022
OK. I will show the listing as Sold Pending Funds. We can settle up for the $2350 when you return.

Quote Reply

@elk guide 45

Well-Known Member​

Nov 12, 2022
Ok, I should be home Sunday after Thanksgiving. If bad weather it might be Monday. If I can get enough service I'll send payment to you. Do you do PayPal if I send it friends and family?
@Leonard-s

Active Member​

LRH Team Member
Nov 28, 2022
Still want it?

Quote Reply

@elk guide 45

Well-Known Member​

Nov 28, 2022
Yes, we got hit with a big snow storm at the end of our hunt. I'm running a couple days behind packing out these camps. I should be back home in Montana Wednesday. I can get the payment sent off then if that works for you.

That was the last time Elk Guide 45 replied to any of my PMs.

OKAY. I am done with this post. I will relist the rifle. If anyone wants to deal with Elk Guide 45, do so at your own risk.

Like Quote Reply
Someone is trying to scam you man. Typical, as soon as they realize their not gunna get a freebie or money they ghost ya. Ive known the man in the profile photo for 5 years and speak to him on almost on a weekly basis. Would be kinda funny though if the fraud would chime in. Id like to take that guy to lunch. But i bet they won't even call and talk if you asked.

Follow the guidelines at the top of the classifieds. No holds till the money clears. And don't fall for some excuse that you're an "elk guide" or "fell off a roof" he hasnt been a paid guide for a long **** time and hasnt fallen of a roof either.