Help! Bear hunting in WV

DanielLudwig

Just wondering if anyone on here bear hunts in WV, looking for some advice on how to go about a bear hunt, i dont live in a county with a bear rifle season, so i will be hunting somewhere else and probably on public land. Any info or advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Daniel

What county do you live in. I live in Nicholas county. I can put you areas that have a lot of bears. I saw 17 bears during rifle season.

Vince

Just wondering if anyone on here bear hunts in WV, looking for some advice on how to go about a bear hunt, i dont live in a county with a bear rifle season, so i will be hunting somewhere else and probably on public land. Any info or advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Daniel

Im in Wirt Co, one of the many wonderous archery only counties in the state. Where in Nicholas Co are you? I have worked out that way some, mostly around Rt. 19 in the Birch River area.
Thanks
Daniel

I live 5 miles from the end of the Gauley River. Clay, Fayette, and Kanawha counites are all within 2 miles from my house so I hunt them all. There are a lot of bear in the Birch River area. If you go back in the Widen area.

Vince

Vince,
I would really be interesting in taking a WV bear, drop me a pm and ill get ahold of you and we can talk alittle more about it.
later
Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.