Hells Canyon vs PROOF

I have a few proof barrels and they have been great. That said, Mike is a great guy and his stuff is top notch. In not hesitate to buy a barrel or have a build done by him. Either barrel is the right answer. Proof is a huge supporter of the shooting sports and has certs on prize tables at virtually every match I shoot and that is something that I consider when I spend money. However, I've watched Mike give a full build to the top active duty shooter on training at the Long Range Operators Challenge a couple years ago too. The bottom line is that either barrel will shoot well for you, and either company is worthy of your support and business. It's really a win/win situation.

Both are going to probably be great. Proof is obviously the most well known, they make a great product, and to boot they look cool. However, it seems like we're on the precipice of the next generation of carbon fiber barrel technology being released that has the potential to do more than just lighten things up and look cool. Hells Canyon seems to be in this group. So are the Paradigm Carbon barrels and the barrels to be released by Straight Jacket Armory. The newer designs are stiffer and the carbon is actually utilized in a way to maintain barrel straightness as the barrel heats up, instead of simply as a means to replace steel to lighten things up. When combined with a world class barrel blank they have the potential to truly allow for maintenance of extreme accuracy over prolonged strings of fire...like 1/2 MOA 20-50 round groups.

Both are going to probably be great. Proof is obviously the most well known, they make a great product, and to boot they look cool. However, it seems like we're on the precipice of the next generation of carbon fiber barrel technology being released that has the potential to do more than just lighten things up and look cool. Hells Canyon seems to be in this group. So are the Paradigm Carbon barrels and the barrels to be released by Straight Jacket Armory. The newer designs are stiffer and the carbon is actually utilized in a way to maintain barrel straightness as the barrel heats up, instead of simply as a means to replace steel to lighten things up. When combined with a world class barrel blank they have the potential to truly allow for maintenance of extreme accuracy over prolonged strings of fire...like 1/2 MOA 20-50 round groups.
I've had two proof barrels, 24 inch and 26 inch in 6.5 mm. They both shot very well and broke in quickly.

I have some experience with the Benchmark carbon and the Proof Carbons . The two below are both 30 " 338 's left one is a 338 Rum Benchmark and the right is the 30" 338 Edge Proof . I can tell you the both perform Amazing !

I'm putting a 300 Rum together now with a Christensen carbon barrel.
Best of luck to you in your choice !

Rum Man
20190203_133841.jpg