Hello from Thunder Basin, Wyoming Need to find an AR-15 Guru/Gunsmith

SBruce

Hello to all,

I am new to this site and the whole Forum thing, but I've been around and involved in precision shooting for over 20 yrs.

My experience with long range shooting began as a young teenager, when I was taught how to shoot prarie dogs by guys that were doing it from 500 to 1000 yds.

I am currently looking to have a custom Big Game rifle built, and am also in need of an AR-15 Guru.

I have experience in Bench Rest Competition, Precision Handloading, and alot of varmint/predator hunting (out to 700 yds with 22-25 caliber centerfires).

I have also spent approx. 18 years of my life (off and on) as a guide for deer and antelope hunters. Guided my first hunter at 10 years of age. Began reloading my own ammo at about 12 years of age.

Believe to have the AR-15 issue resolved, but won't know for sure until I can shoot it some more in sub zero temps.

Last edited:

Ernie

SPONSOR
Welcome to LRH.
I live in Gillette.
I know good accuracy smith just outside of Gillette, and have a friend in town that is real good with AR's.
Shoot me an email if you want: [email protected]

SBruce

Thanks Ernie,

Guess I should mention here that the AR issue is posted under the Gunsmithing section.........for anyone interested.

Ernie

SPONSOR
Contact Chuck @ Mac's Gunworks
Home

If I see my buddy, I will give him the AR problems-I printed it off.

7mmSendaro

Here is a photo from last year this guy is probably too modest to show you guys:

Can you believe he shot this little guy?

Welcome aboard buddy!

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce