Hello from Southern Sask

jgrreed

Hi Everyone,

I've been learning lots from you all for over a year now. I kinda like hunting, but LOVE shooting. I grew up a farm kid, the son of a Game Warden, so outdoors are pretty standard for me. Live on an acreage now with a trap setup, a 100yd bench out back of my garage, and a 500yd range in the pasture.

I'm a fairly new LR shooter. I have a custom 6.5 lapua that I can bang out .2MOA with, and I'm building a Savage 110 FCP in .338LM. I'm putzing around with bedding and customize things to fit me a little

I signed up to share with you all my recent experiences with my new Pentax 100ED scope - I'll put that in an optics forum.

Hello to you all!! Looking forward to BS-ing with you about things!!

-J.

ps - here's a list of what's in our safe:

2x Tikka T3 lite SS in .308 with blackrose brakes
custom 6.5 lapua, Lawton 7000 action, McMillan stock
Savage 110FCP .338 LM
4x Citori's - 12g 28" hunting gun, 12g Trap XT, 20g hunting (wife's), and a .410
Barrett REC7 (AR15) with Viper PST 1-4, laser, flashlight, Timney trigger, new grip,etc
Ruger 10/22
Mini 30 - FOR SALE!!!
Savage 93 in .22
Savage 93 in 17HMR
Mossberg Chainsaw (it was on clearance - I'm aware it has no purpose)
S&W .22 revolver (the little lady's)
S&W .500mag (yes!!!!!!)
Ruger 22/45

Glass:
Bushnell 3.5-21 HDR
Bushnell 4.5-30 HDR
- these are shared on the LR guns
Vortox Viper PST 2.5-10
NF enhanced ATACR en route for the .338

What a great place to live! I used to do a lot of waterfowling up that way. I have hunted Kindersley, Luck Lake, Saskatoon and Weyburn.

What a great place to live! I used to do a lot of waterfowling up that way. I have hunted Kindersley, Luck Lake, Saskatoon and Weyburn.

Yes, it's true. Our hunting is one of the few world class things we have. Those of us that grow up here want nothing more than to leave, but then we realize that this bald-*****, flat, super cold, then really hot, kinda boring place with really bad roads, has some pretty nice features!!!!

-J.

Some huge whitetails and Mulies too. I have also found the locals to be some of the friendliest you could find. The cafe in Bersay is one of the best i have ever been to. No question I have enjoyed my time in your home land. I would take that over living where I do in a suburb of Minneapolis any day.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.