Hello from NW Montana

liljamt

Hey There,

Been browsing through posts for quite some time now, decided it's finally time I introduce myself and hopefully add to the wealth of knowledge.

I recently finished up with college, and have moved back to a little town in Northwest Montana, to work for the family business. I was always told when I was younger to find a job that truly makes you happy, and it won't be a job, but a hobby. Lucky for me, my father started a business that truly was a hobby for the both of us.

Hopefully I can do business with most of you in the future, and if you ever need a barrel, let me know!

I have a couple projects I am working on in 6.5's, and will be posting more about those soon. gun)

Carson Lilja

Hey There,

Been browsing through posts for quite some time now, decided it's finally time I introduce myself and hopefully add to the wealth of knowledge.

I recently finished up with college, and have moved back to a little town in Northwest Montana, to work for the family business. I was always told when I was younger to find a job that truly makes you happy, and it won't be a job, but a hobby. Lucky for me, my father started a business that truly was a hobby for the both of us.

Hopefully I can do business with most of you in the future, and if you ever need a barrel, let me know!

I have a couple projects I am working on in 6.5's, and will be posting more about those soon. gun)

Carson Lilja

Carson,

Greetings from the Great Falls side of the Big Sky Country. Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

I have one of your barrels and it has exceeded my expectations to say the least. He might not remember it, but your Dad was instrumental when I was working on http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/my-budget-270-ai-97745/.

Cheers!

Ed

Ed,

Thanks, I appreciate that! Is it as smokey there as it is over here??!!

You'd be surprised what he remembers! Glad it is shooting well, that is a great looking rifle!

Carson

Carson,

Yes it is smoky, but yesterday we had a break ... wasn't too bad. Hopefully, we (esp our firefighters) get some relief.

I couldn't be any happier how well it's shooting. Regards to your family.

Cheers!

Ed

Carson, welcome to LRH forums. I owned a rifle that recently sold on here that had a custom taper 34" 1-10 twist Lilja on it, 30 caliber that was chambered in .300 Lapua. There was a break in picture of a group the owner that had the rifle built on your site. The group measured 2.316" at 1060 yards. I set 2 club 1000 yard records with that barrel. At just over 1mile that barrel produced a 3 shot group under 8", what a barrel. The original owner had a twin to this that shot equally as well, he built them at the same time. You all be careful out there from those fires.

Don Dunlapgun)

FEENIX,

We had a break yesterday too, even got a little rain on Sunday, finally blue skies!

I appreciate that! Nothing feels better than knowing a barrel is shooting great.

Don,

Thank you, it has been a long time coming!

I believe this is the picture you are talking about? I never got to see a picture of the rifle, but if it looks anything like it shoots, Its a beauty.

Carson Lilja

Attachments

• 100 yard group.jpg
    100 yard group.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 73
Carson, thats the one. That rifle was nicknamed the Lazer Beam.

Don Dunlap

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.