Hello from New England

mudflap621

Hello all I’m from New England just getting into precision rifle stuff. I’ve read the forum for a while but figured it was time to join in and learn as much as I can. Starting load development on a tikka varmint 223 and lite 308 here shortly I’m sure I’ll be picking your brains’. I’ve been reloading pistol for little over a year but just started playing with bottleneck cartridges and reloading for precision.

badthirtyone

Welcome from Colorado. Tons of info here for the Tikka's. They have a considerable fan base - and a reputation for outstanding hunting (& other use) rifles.

mudflap621

It is addictive ... and expensive. Long range hunting for us here is like 150 yards 😂. My local range just opened up to 450 so that’s a start for me. I’ve got enough components on hand to keep me busy for a while and hoping to successfully work up a nice load for the 223 with some 77smk and either varget or 8208. I’ve also got to find a good bullet for moose in the 308 T3x lite as I’ve got a missed hunt in September. Recommendations for load for that would be appreciated as I know nothing about moose other than they big mamba jambas.