Hello from Louisiana

Jimmy76

Hello all. Great site!! I've always been fascinated with precision long range shooting and very glad I've found this site. I enjoy shooting pistols and rifles but don't have any experience past 100 yards. Hopefully that will change in the near future. I enjoy deer hunting and would like to acquire a rifle for that purpose and to get into long range rifle matches (I love my Marlin .44mag but somewhat limited range:)). I've been eyeing the TC Icon Precision Hunter in .308 on the web.

I have two young sons and I just recently graduated my 6 year old from BB gun to .22 rifle. My 4 year old is enjoying the BB gun sometimes. What a feeling to see my son shooting the .22 rifle that my grandfather gave me with a huge grin and a "I shot it Daddy". Priceless!!!

Thanks for the informative site and God bless to all,
Jim

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Jim.

If you're interested in what might possibly be a very inexpensive TC Icon Precision Hunter in 308 then check out our raffle here.
Link--> Ian McMurchy benefit raffle . It's for a very good cause.

Congratulations on getting your boys started young. You'll have hunting and shooting buddies for a lifetime.:)

Thanks for the welcomes and the suggestion on the raffle. Naturally, I didn't know him but have read some of his articles and look forward to learning more. I've already donated, hope it helps. Can't imagine losing a spouse. My prayers are will her.
Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.