Hello from Alabama

GEBB45

Hello,
I've been reading in this forum for a while and I'm ready to get my first "big" bore rifle. I've been an avid air rifle shooter and I'm really attracted to precision and long distance. I was an Infantry guy and I shoot 17 and 22 CZ's.
I think I'm set for a Rem 700 in 308. I know that is not the best long range round but I think is a good entry level. I reload pistols and 223.
I've reading as much as I can about the round and particulary the rifle from Cental Sniper.
I have a couple questions, sure...
What you guy think about that rifle..?
I know that I should try as many rifles and stocks before to see what I like. But, is not practical. And I don't want buy a stock rifle and build it up. I want start with something good enough.
The rifle will cost about $1,400. It's pretty much twice the price of a stock 700.
It seems that if I do the same mods myself I'd pay the same or more. So, I read that if that is a configuration I like its a good deal.
What do you guys think..?
Thanks
G.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.