Hello everyone!

Retreive

A friend of mine with Rem 700 5R 2nd gen Got me into this long range hunting thing. I otherwise, fish, bow hunt, rifle hunt, upland bird hunt etc and wanted to see how would I fare in this branch. Bought me a Mosberg Patriot and Cabelas Covenant to start. Now I think I would like something one class up. Nothing too expensive as I am retired so good proven rifle to shoot maybe 500 yards.
Thks.

Welcome to the forum!

Other then shoot to 500 yards what do you plan to hunt?
Hello again,
I am in western-most Wa state bordering Canada so mule deer prevail, but whitetail present too. I make lots of trips north to some people I met in years gone by. Last year I made my first bow hunting kill and eversince continued the pursuit.
My main problem is lack of adequate off roading vehicle so I cant get to the places I'd like. My transportation is just a family car and being on the budget makes things not better :)

F11C9332-18BA-42BC-AB3F-E6ED4ED5606C.jpeg 8377D6E1-A31B-468C-929D-63256CCF873D.jpeg
Welcome to Lrh. Lots of knowledge on this site. Glad to have you on board

Thank you, much appreciated. Already feel better :)

Tikka t3x, remington m700 of some sort, winchester m70, and my favorite bergara b-14 rifles. Also you need to find a cartridge to fit the things you are hunting. With a good optic. Welcome to the form and good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.