Hearing protection

Hoosier Dad

Looking for some opinions on hearing protection. I recently had my hearing tested and have lost a considerable amount in my left ear. I’ve mainly just used ear plugs while shooting but I think I need to look into something better. It seems like the electronic ones may be the way to go but I have no idea what I’m looking for.

Muddyboots

jmcmath

For me

3m reusable plugs under muffs for pistols and for indoor even with a supressor

The plugs and a suppressor for outdoor rifles

one protection source does not do it for me, especially indoors.

milo-2

If going to electronic muff, look for the highest db reduction number. Walkers makes some at 26 & 27 db reduction, they are good, Do your research on them, fit is a major player here, it matters in the least how good a pair is if your cheek weld or a yawn breaks the seal.
I lost some hearing in my left ear shooting suppressors and being around suppressors w/o ear pro, bad move on my part.

Hoosier Dad

Thanks for the replies! It was actually the midway sale that got me thinking about getting the electronic muffs.

Mustang72

Ordered a pair of the walkers last night from midway. I have been using the non electronic muffs. Hoping the new ones let me hear the clank better.

ShtrRdy

I got a pair of the Howard Leight for Christmas. They're the large model with 30dB rating. I like them a lot.

DDWing

Looking for some opinions on hearing protection. I recently had my hearing tested and have lost a considerable amount in my left ear. I’ve mainly just used ear plugs while shooting but I think I need to look into something better. It seems like the electronic ones may be the way to go but I have no idea what I’m looking for.
My better half and I use the Walkers slim fit electronic muffs. We absolutely love them, seeing as how we both shoot brakes on all of our rifles. They work great as hearing enhancers, and noise suppressors.

Bill Cauley Jr

LRH Team Member
While at the range and around a lot of shooting I double up I use ear plugs and muffs

brguide

Decibullz percussion inner ear moldable plugs. These are BY far the best i have EVER used.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce