Hearing protection

Hoosier Dad

Looking for some opinions on hearing protection. I recently had my hearing tested and have lost a considerable amount in my left ear. I've mainly just used ear plugs while shooting but I think I need to look into something better. It seems like the electronic ones may be the way to go but I have no idea what I'm looking for.

For me

3m reusable plugs under muffs for pistols and for indoor even with a supressor

The plugs and a suppressor for outdoor rifles

one protection source does not do it for me, especially indoors.

If going to electronic muff, look for the highest db reduction number. Walkers makes some at 26 & 27 db reduction, they are good, Do your research on them, fit is a major player here, it matters in the least how good a pair is if your cheek weld or a yawn breaks the seal.
I lost some hearing in my left ear shooting suppressors and being around suppressors w/o ear pro, bad move on my part.

Ordered a pair of the walkers last night from midway. I have been using the non electronic muffs. Hoping the new ones let me hear the clank better.

I got a pair of the Howard Leight for Christmas. They're the large model with 30dB rating. I like them a lot.

Looking for some opinions on hearing protection. I recently had my hearing tested and have lost a considerable amount in my left ear. I've mainly just used ear plugs while shooting but I think I need to look into something better. It seems like the electronic ones may be the way to go but I have no idea what I'm looking for.
My better half and I use the Walkers slim fit electronic muffs. We absolutely love them, seeing as how we both shoot brakes on all of our rifles. They work great as hearing enhancers, and noise suppressors.

While at the range and around a lot of shooting I double up I use ear plugs and muffs

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts