Headspace issue?

EdKin

I am putting a prefit 6 Creedmoor barrel on a Savage action. Forster go and no go gauges. I have a spare bolt head w/out the ejector that I used setting the headspace. I can close on the go can't close on the no go and can chamber a round of factory Berger 95gr Classic Hunter ammo. When I put the original bolt head with the ejector back on it won't chamber the Same round. When I tried the no go gauge it wouldn't get close to even trying to closing the bolt tried the go gauge and it closed but was tight. If I reset to the gauges with the ejector in then the Berger round will chamber. The best I can tell the bolt heads measure the same so do I leave it set with the ejector or what? I've never run into this on any of the others I've done. I do plan on loading for it at some point but was planning on using the Berger's for the Lapua brass first.

Thanks in advance

It's far easier to remove an ejector and set head space than it is to swap the bolt head so it's a little confusing as to why you'd do it that way.
The whole point to setting the head spacing it to set it in relation to the bolt face so if your swapping it up I would expect it to change unless both bolt head have been blueprinted toa specific spec to enable swapping.