Hawk Scope Issues?

Rockfish Dave

Hi, The scope that came with the 'combo' package would not hold zero from shooting session to shooting session.

My questions are:

1) What scope would you recommend for under 50 yards?
2) Does anyone know of a shop in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that has expirience with these bows?
3) Can anyone think of a reason why I would have these consistancy issues? Do you think it is bow related, or scope related?

Thanks

A couple questions.

How different is your point of impact?

How do you handle parallax error?

Checking for Paralax at each range. Verified by moving head and checking to see if the cross hairs are moving.

The amount of change is 6" left and 2" down at 20 yards this last time... each time it has been taken out it is different. Usually once it is re-zeroed it will group like a champ, as in I have hit an arrow close. This last time, while shooting, it opened up to a whopping 4+ inch group.

have same problem, i think some of mine is some limb problems but most of it has to do with moving the scope to far to one side to get the poi where you want it, was told by hawk if you go to far you run out of adjustment and the cross hairs can float around, check your rail and see if its off around 1/16 inch to the right, there are ways to shim it to get this out but i just sent mine back, i feel if i spend that kind of money i should have a quality product

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.