Having trouble

cbat

So I have a problem that has popped up with my STW. My gun has suddenly decided not to hold rounds in the magazine. It is a Rem model 700 . When loading the magazine the rounds won't lock down in the mag. Or if they do and you go to chamber a round it will jam because it turns 2 rounds loose. Any ideas ?

Adjust the magazine lips to hold the cases, if it has Rem magnum magazine. You might check out magazine spring also. If you don't want to try it yourself, any decent gunsmith can fix it quickly.

So I have a problem that has popped up with my STW. My gun has suddenly decided not to hold rounds in the magazine. It is a Rem model 700 . When loading the magazine the rounds won't lock down in the mag. Or if they do and you go to chamber a round it will jam because it turns 2 rounds loose. Any ideas ?
Buy yourself a center feed magazine from Wyatt's, there's two different lengths I believe. Mine is something like 3.9" long. Had to open up the bottom of the receiver for it to fit but I think there's a shorter version. Around $60. Fits bdl bottom metal. Feeds like a champ.

Factory length center feed for long action.

Thanks. Called them today and closed until tuesday. But this is what I am looking for and will order.

Does yours have the pressed metal follower or the cast metal job?
If it has the pressed metal follower, they hang up unless you tweak them for smooth operation.
I was fed up with mine, so at great expense to me, I ordered 3 of the old cast metal ones' which cost me $150AUD each.
No more hang ups, the biggest problem with the sheet metal ones is the fact they are light and bind easily.
Anyway, replace the sheet metal followers and your life will be better.

Cheers.

I had this happen. Pop open the hinge floor plate and look inside the frame. My 700 Sendero has two metal plates inside the frame. One of the plates got off center. I lightly tapped it back in place and problem solved.

This is what I'm talking about. Make sure these are square

Attachments

• 127E83A6-BE83-4725-A65D-2BF61D437B3B.jpeg
    127E83A6-BE83-4725-A65D-2BF61D437B3B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.