• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Have $1,200, need LR mil/mil scope

Nathan gravitt

Got $1,200 to spend or possible trades. Looking for a scope to get me to 1,500 yards. Must be mil/mil with Christmas tree style reticle. Looking for 5-25 or 6-24 magnification. Must have side focus. Prefer illuminated. Prefer 34mm tube(already have a 34mm mount and 34mm rings).

have for trade a 6.5 creedmoor savage large shank, Arken scope, 6 creed origin prefit, savage 4.4 short action w/ .308 bf, high mileage 6.5 Creedmoor savage small shank varmint barrel, Magpul FDE mlok bipod. Savage 4.4 PTG bottom metal. Might have something else you need.

pm with what you've got

Last edited:
Tract has one for $1700 which is exactly what you are looking for. They also have the 30mm 4-20 which is close at $1300. They have a coupon code now for 10% off.

Vortex PST Gen II is $900 ish now and a great optic, but also 30mm. Hits most of your targets.

Arken at $600ish hits all your targets, but I have no idea if it is close to as good as others in this range.

Got $1,200 to spend or possible trades. Looking for a scope to get me to 1,500 yards. Must be mil/mil with Christmas tree style reticle. Looking for 5-25 or 6-24 magnification. Must have side focus. Prefer illuminated. Prefer 34mm tube(already have a 34mm mount and 34mm rings).

have for trade a 6.5 creedmoor savage large shank, Arken scope, 6 creed origin prefit, savage 4.4 short action w/ .308 bf, high mileage 6.5 Creedmoor savage small shank varmint barrel, Magpul FDE mlok bipod. Savage 4.4 PTG bottom metal. Might have something else you need.

pm with what you've got
If you are Mil/LE you can get a 40% discount on Vortex. If you threw in some more cash you could get the Razor HD, which is one of their top line scopes for long distance. We have several and they are good scopes with nice glass, we also have NF Artacr, but at double the cost.
By the way what are you going to be shooting at 1,500 yds? That could help with selection.

I would highly recommend the Vortex Viper PST 2 5-25 for your budget. I started with it in PRS and it is hard to beat. Yes, if you're willing to add more, a Razor HD is the best glass and light collection for $1500ish but the Viper is a miniature version. There are a few listed on other sites for $850 and some come with rings. Regardless, 30mm rings are pretty affordable so you stay under your budget. I upgraded to NF after that one and still keep it on my backup. I ran it to 1400 yards with no issues and perfect tracking. I actually had a Razor gen 1 originally and switched to the viper. It has a thinner reticle for long-range. I do give the gen 1 razor a huge light advantage but the reticle was the deciding part for me. I have run Vortexes and NF scopes, I keep a viper around and will buy another anytime I need a cheaper hunting or backup build. I had friends running the Athlon and Bushnells. No personal experience on those but they were top 15 shooters at matches so it's not all about the glass.

I have an Athlon Ares ETR mil scope.. one range trip.. tracks very well. 850 shipped with rings?

Kasey

Recent Posts