Hatch Bipod?

Buxndiverdux

Anyone running them? I have Atlas and really like them. But I do like the versatility of the Hatch for hunting situations. I would like to hear some reviews from the brain trust here. šŸ˜

Never used anything Atlas so hard to compare. The adjustability on the Hatch is almost endless. Long telescoping/multi-angle legs that have a positive/non-slip lock, adjustable tension swivel cant, easy one button push for install/removal, and lightweight. I also found shooting prone the Extreme Outer Limits Rear Support System is nice addition. I've had it for several years and it's been soaked, in sand/mud, dropped, and not had any issues.
20200103_122643_001.jpg

Last edited:
There was a big review on them awhile back on here somewhere, maybe searching might bring it up. The general consensus from what I remember is they were worth the money.

idcwby

I love mine, definitely the most versatile bipod I've ever used. Gets down almost as low as a 6-9", and goes up high enough for sitting. Definitely worth the money in my book.

I think the hatch is great and very versatile. Not as strong or heavy duty as the atlas but it gives you the height to shoot sitting. My complaints are first, the ring that comes on the hatch to be pulled on to open the legs wide will break the first time you pull on it. Secondly the cant adjustment doesn't stay tight for very long so the bipod is always flapping back and forth after a while and when you set it on the ground the gun will want to fall over due to the weight of the rifle falling over to the side because of this flopping and it's initially narrow and tall stance (not extended).

it is lighter than the Harris sitting model and goes lower so it is my go to bipod for times when sitting is probable. But I carry the atlas when I expect prone shots (I can always clamp into my tripod if I have to shoot from a higher position).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.