Has anyone shot a legendary arms works professional rifle?

I currently have my 300wm at LAW. I have been dealing with a guy named Chris. He seems like he genuinely is trying to help me. They are rebarreling my rifle from the #3 to #4 barrel. I believe its different manufacturer then there old barrels. I'm trusting they will take there time and put it back together correctly.

From what I was told they revamped the action. The bolt is changed, action is longer and so on and so forth. Wish I still had email to copy and past it into here. As for them closing shop, I hope not. I want my rifle back first. I asked a lot of questions and they said nothing of discontinuing the professional as stated in a previous post. It was said that the professional is there flag ship rifle. I'm really hoping I get back a rifle that shoots.

Its a shame they have had so many issues. The rifles looked like the best deal in a long time. I was ready to pull the trigger on a closer in a 6.5 creed, 260, or 308 version if the professional had shot as promised.

I hope they get it fixed for you. I still have yet to shoot mine. Chris told me mine was built in October 2016 and that it has the #4 barrel on it with improved bedding. He also told me the Professional has been discontinued and has been replaced with the Capra model. They are still selling the remainder of what they have of the Professionals. If you look at their Facebook page you will see a few pictures of them working on the Capra.

Can't believe there discontinuing the professional. I can't see to many people jumping into the Capra at 3k after all these problem rifles. But you never know, some people have way more cash then me to spend. I could get a full custom on a rem 700 for less. If the closer and professional performed it might have been an option to avoid the weight of custom build by getting a capra. I'll definitely post my results when I get the rifle back and to the range.

anybody with a LAW have trouble with the weaver bases?

I mounted my Zeiss HD 3-15 with the locking target turrets and the scope ran out of windage travel when I set my zero stop. I should be able to get 8 moa to the right and left but can only get 6 moa to the right and the turrets get hard to turn.

Zeiss sent me a brand new scope and the new scope is doing the exact same thing. I called LAW and they said they had a bad batch of the weaver bases and sent me a new pair. I didnt install the new bases yet but was just curious to see if anybody else had this problem.

I currently have my 300wm at LAW. I have been dealing with a guy named Chris. He seems like he genuinely is trying to help me. They are rebarreling my rifle from the #3 to #4 barrel. I believe its different manufacturer then there old barrels. I'm trusting they will take there time and put it back together correctly.

From what I was told they revamped the action. The bolt is changed, action is longer and so on and so forth. Wish I still had email to copy and past it into here. As for them closing shop, I hope not. I want my rifle back first. I asked a lot of questions and they said nothing of discontinuing the professional as stated in a previous post. It was said that the professional is there flag ship rifle. I'm really hoping I get back a rifle that shoots.

Its a shame they have had so many issues. The rifles looked like the best deal in a long time. I was ready to pull the trigger on a closer in a 6.5 creed, 260, or 308 version if the professional had shot as promised.

Any update on your gun, athanasios23? I'm also working with Chris, waiting on a #4 win mag barrel.

I asked about the Capra as well. In addition to what you mentioned, the bedding has been improved per the following:
"Next, we turned our attention to the bedding process and extended the bedding out to the shank of the barrel rather than just around the recoil lug. This has proven to increase accuracy in the custom rifles we have built during the past 30 years. Additionally, the bedding extends up to the stock-line creating a stock to metal finish that is unparalleled in production rifles"
I also asked if if LAW offers any sort of trade-up program (from Professional to Capra), or if they'd be willing to apply the Capra-style bedding to my Professional.

anybody with a LAW have trouble with the weaver bases?

I mounted my Zeiss HD 3-15 with the locking target turrets and the scope ran out of windage travel when I set my zero stop. I should be able to get 8 moa to the right and left but can only get 6 moa to the right and the turrets get hard to turn.

Zeiss sent me a brand new scope and the new scope is doing the exact same thing. I called LAW and they said they had a bad batch of the weaver bases and sent me a new pair. I didnt install the new bases yet but was just curious to see if anybody else had this problem.

I've only skimmed the thread, but I think this is the first I've heard of an issue with the bases.

Like I mentioned in my other post, I'm waiting on a barrel, but wonder if my gun is affected by any of the other issues and if so whether LAW will check them while they have it. Can someone who has followed this more closely than me confirm whether the following list of issues is comprehensive?

• Barrel
  • Bedding
  • Muzzle Break
  • Optic Bases
It might be interesting to start collecting serial numbers in order to help identify which issue(s) your gun might be affected by........ my 300WM is #951 and needs a new barrel.

Just visited LAW's website. The home page indicates that they're moving facilities.

Hope they've increased the number of shooting lanes in the QC department. heheh. :D

Hope they increase the quality control staff from ZERO to more. Also if they hired true gunsmiths that are educated instead of hiring through a temp agency. A better product might be produced.

Brian

After reading this post I called Chris and ended up sending my 3006 professional in for a rebarrel first week of Feb, just got it back yesterday . The barrel that they used is a heavier profile . They supplied a test target that shows a .600 3-shot group with Federal factory ammo using a Seirra GK . I will report back when I get a chance to take it to the range . I am glad I saw that post and saw that they were starting to answer the phones again and that they warranted the gun and I didn't have to pay for a rebarrel out of my own pocket .

Last edited:
After reading this post I called Chris and ended up sending my 3006 professional in for a rebarrel first week of Feb, just got it back yesterday . The barrel that they used is a much heavier profile , they also used a new stock and the bedding looks much better . They supplied a test target that shows a .600 3-shot group with Federal factory ammo using a Seirra GK . I will report back when I get a chance to take it to the range . I am glad I saw that post and saw that they were starting to answer the phones again and that they warranted the gun and I didn't have to pay for a rebarrel out of my own pocket .
Gun shoots very good now , better late than never I guess. Now will shoot 5-shot 1/2 moa group at 100yds with 180gr GK and H4831sc, and under an inch easy for 5 rds with factory 180 rem core lokts, only two loads I tried so far, but they have clearly got it straitened out . I have since gotten another 3006 while I was waiting for this one to get sorted out, so I will probably list it for sale .

I have two Professional rifles, a 28 Nosler and a 35 Whelen.
Both are awesome, no problems at all.
Superbly accurate and top quality workmanship, I couldn't be happier.
And I like the muzzle brake system.

I have two Professional rifles, a 28 Nosler and a 35 Whelen.
Both are awesome, no problems at all.
Superbly accurate and top quality workmanship, I couldn't be happier.
And I like the muzzle brake system.
What ammo are you shooting out of the 28 nosler? What size groups does it shoot?! My dad has a 6.5 creedmoor... It shoots under half moa with hornady eldx factory loads