Hart rifle?

280AIman

Just got my new Hart rifle today in 7mmHart does anyone or has anyone ever shot or used this round before?

7mm Hart

I can't say that I've had any experience with a Hart built rifle, but I've got to ask what case is the 7mm Hart based on?

Pics please?

I used to go to the Hart Rifle shop in Nescopeck about once a week when I worked in Berwick for three yrs. Couldn't afford a LRH rifle then, but they were always real cordial to me.

I'd like to see yours.

Pics please?

I used to go to the Hart Rifle shop in Nescopeck about once a week when I worked in Berwick for three yrs. Couldn't afford a long range hunting rifle then, but they were always real cordial to me.

I'd like to see yours.

When the fiancee get here i'll have her show me how to upload some pics.

Accuracy load is 73 gr of RL22 with a 140 gr BT and a 215 at about 3300fps
Hunting load is 75 gr of RL22 with the primer and bullet.
It's an improved 7 Rem Mag with a 40* shoulder.

Good Buy.

Bob is a good guy and a terrific rifle builder. I currently have a .30Hart being built by Bob. Now I know why it's not finished, he's been working on yours.

Actually Wally Hart (Bob's father) reccomended I get the 7 Hart for hunting rather than the 30. However I used a 30Hart in NY state last summer to take my 1st whitetail at long range. Bob invited me up on a nuissiance hunt and I was able to take a doe at ~680 yards with the 30 Hart.

I was introduced to Bob last summer by a mutual friend and Bob and his family have treated me so well. Bob opened his house and his shop to me and let me into the world of Long Range. He has taught me so much, I'm almost 38 and if I lived 4 lifetimes I could not repay the debt I owe Bob and Dwayne. They have given me somethings money can't buy.

Not only did Bob put me on the doe last summer, Bob was kind enough to invite me to shoot at the IBS 1,000 yards Nationals in Quantico, Va. last August/September. I had never shot at anything/not even the ground at 1,000 yards and Bob let me shoot 1 of his guns. What a thrill for me. With Bob and our other friend Dwayne Wessinger from Buck and Boar coaching me, I shot fairly well for an ammature. My first group ever at 1,000 yards was 16.5" then improved to 7.7" and 4.9". What a thrill and I will forever be in debt to Bob Hart and Dwayne Wessinger for opening up to a lowwly SICK man and allowing me the chance fullfill my dream of shooting at a 1,000 yard competition.

Enjoy your new Rifle.

Mike Alford

Last edited:
Not sure about the 7mm hart but I love my 30 Hart. Bob Hart builds some nice rifles.

Travis

Good Buy.

Bob is a good guy and a terrific rifle builder. I currently have a .30Hart being built by Bob. Now I know why it's not finished, he's been working on yours.

Actually Wally Hart (Bob's father) reccomended I get the 7 Hart for hunting rather than the 30. However I used a 30Hart in NY state last summer to take my 1st whitetail at long range. Bob invited me up on a nuissiance hunt and I was able to take a doe at ~680 yards with the 30 Hart.

I was introduced to Bob last summer by a mutual friend and Bob and his family have treated me so well. Bob opened his house and his shop to me and let me into the world of Long Range. He has taught me so much, I'm almost 38 and if I lived 4 lifetimes I could not repay the debt I owe Bob and Dwayne. They have given me somethings money can't buy.

Not only did Bob put me on the doe last summer, Bob was kind enough to invite me to shoot at the IBS 1,000 yards Nationals in Quantico, Va. last August/September. I had never shot at anything/not even the ground at 1,000 yards and Bob let me shoot 1 of his guns. What a thrill for me. With Bob and our other friend Dwayne Wessinger from Buck and Boar coaching me, I shot fairly well for an ammature. My first group ever at 1,000 yards was 16.5" then improved to 7.7" and 4.9". What a thrill and I will forever be in debt to Bob Hart and Dwayne Wessinger for opening up to a lowwly SICK man and allowing me the chance fullfill my dream of shooting at a 1,000 yard competition.

Enjoy your new Rifle.

Mike Alford

Well actually this rifle is my sons birthday present so i went with the 7mm Hart for him. He thinks its mine when he saw it today, boy is he gonna be shocked.

Well actually this rifle is my sons birthday present so i went with the 7mm Hart for him. He thinks its mine when he saw it today, boy is he gonna be shocked.

Do you need another son, I'm nearly 38 but I'm available. That's one heck of a nice birthday present, if he doesn't like it, I'll be glad to have it.

Sorry, that was a foolish statement. What hot blooded American boy would not want a Bob Hart Rifle. I just wish I had the money, so I could have 1 in every caliber available.

Mike Alford

Do you need another son, I'm nearly 38 but I'm available. That's one heck of a nice birthday present, if he doesn't like it, I'll be glad to have it.

Sorry, that was a foolish statement. What hot blooded American boy would not want a Bob Hart Rifle. I just wish I had the money, so I could have 1 in every caliber available.

Mike Alford

Oh he loves it i just couldnt keep it from him any longer. i just gave it to him 5 minutes ago and he is already calling all his friends. hes only 13 so this will be his third custom rifle. he gave his 243AI to his one little brother and his 250AI to his other little brother, after he got the Hart. they stay out of trouble and get good grades this is there reward from me. plus i know where they are when they are shooting and hunting with me. now if it wasnt for the Blizzard we are haveing here i would take him to sight it in. he wants to go now but we cant see 10feet in front of our faces.

That's great. Sounds like your kids are good kids and good kids only come from good parents. That's great, I hope he enjoys the rifle as much as you enjoyed giving it to him.

BTW: Did you happen to go to the Harrisburg Outdoor Show. If so did you get by to see Bob. I regret I could not get up there, but maybe next year.

Take Care
Mike Alford

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.