Harris bipod on A2 stock

G

I took my Harris bipod off my PSS and put it on my 338LM which has a McMillan A2 stock. The bipod doesn't sit real tight against the stock like it did on the PSS. The PSS is slightly rounded and the A2 is flat, the contact is at the edges of the bottom near the sides, with a gap in the center.
My question for all of you is, does anyone have a recommendation of a better bipod to fit the A2 or am I just being to picky?
Thanks,
Wayne

sealdoggy

Cut a couple of pieces of leather about 3/8 wide and glue them onto the contact rails with contact cement. That should fill in the gaps and also protect your stock finish.

G

Thanks guys,
I tend to be real picky about certain things as the bipod just didn't seem to fit right but I like the leather idea.
Wayne

Stu

Wayne McD,
I think the final solution would be to sell me the A2.

Later, RedMan*

G

I appreciate all the comments and advice.
Redman, if I had a different stock for the Sako it would be your's.

Tight is right, it'll have to do.
Wayne

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce