Hard to find reloading data for a Custom 30 Nossler

kookie

Guys, does anyone have a good source for reloading data for a custom 30 Nossler. My Buddy bought one in perfect shape and is having a hard time finding data for newer bullets

Guys, does anyone have a good source for reloading data for a custom 30 Nossler. My Buddy bought one in perfect shape and is having a hard time finding data for newer bullets
Longtine88 on this site may have what you need since I know he shoots this cartridge and likes to tinker with load development.

Here is a good start. I would determine what bullet he wants to shoot, then research the appropriate bullet - there is a ton of data out there. I personally would recommend the Berger 215.

One of the first things for him to do is to make dummy cartridges from his chamber. This way he will have some of the information regarding freebore and where the lands starts. Without this, he and everyone else is just guessing.

If he can't manage making the dummy cartridge then he needs the expertise of a gunsmith.

There is a ton of reloading data online, some free and other which is charged for. He needs to expend some energy looking and making the dummy cartridge(s) if wanting data from different bullets.

You should have him call or email Nosler since they designed the cartridge and might be able to help with the 'custom' chamber. For other bullet manufacturers, calling or emailing is the right path as well.

Best of Luck!

:)

One of the first things for him to do is to make dummy cartridges from his chamber. This way he will have some of the information regarding freebore and where the lands starts. Without this, he and everyone else is just guessing.

If he can't manage making the dummy cartridge then he needs the expertise of a gunsmith.

There is a ton of reloading data online, some free and other which is charged for. He needs to expend some energy looking and making the dummy cartridge(s) if wanting data from different bullets.

You should have him call or email Nosler since they designed the cartridge and might be able to help with the 'custom' chamber. For other bullet manufacturers, calling or emailing is the right path as well.

Best of Luck!

:)
Totally agree. It's still a 30 Nosler. Only difference could be for custom is throat over/under Saami or special twist in the barrel. Not too much to change. Take a piece of brass, drill and tap to create lock-n-load, find base to ogive on every bullet he wants to shoot and go from there. This ain't hard.