30 Gibbs reloading data.

huskeric

Just wondering if anyone out there has a good load for this caliber. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:D

Correct me if i'm wrong. Couldn't a guy use load data for the 30-06AI (Nosler manual IIRC), as a starting point? Same case correct? Different design I know, but it should be a great place (read safe) to start.

It has quite a bit more case capacity than the '06 AI but to be safe you can start with max listed loads in the AI and work up. I have quite a bit of data on mine but not with me right now. You can run a 150 grain bullet around 3300 fps and a 180 grain bullet around 3050 fps with magpro in a 26" barrel.

It has quite a bit more case capacity than the '06 AI but to be safe you can start with max listed loads in the AI and work up. I have quite a bit of data on mine but not with me right now. You can run a 150 grain bullet around 3300 fps and a 180 grain bullet around 3050 fps with magpro in a 26" barrel.

That was my intent :rolleyes:. It was the best I could come up with... :D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.