Hammer bullets- Which ballistic Calculator?

Dooner

I've been looking at Hammer bullets for my 264 WinMag. I've noticed that many hammer bullets only have a G7 BC listed, no G1. I've looked at several ballistic calculators in the app store, and I can't seem to find one that works with G7 BC's. How do you guys, that use hammer bullets, build a ballistic table?

Last edited:
I've been looking at Hammer bullets for my 264 WinMag. I've noticed that many hammer bullets only have a G7 BC listed, no G1. I've looked at several ballistic calculators in the app store, and I can't seem to find one that works with G7 BC's. How do you guys, that use hammer bullets, build a ballistic table?
The Hornady Ballistic calculator will work with either, you just have to specify it.

Thanks guys. I was using SBC, and SBC light. I can't see anywhere where they allow for G7. I will look at these other ballistic programs and try to learn how to enter G7 values. Appreciate the help👍

Come up with your own g1 ballistics coefficient for your load for the calculator you use. Odds are the hammer g7 isn't going to match your trajectory anyways when plugged in to a calculator

Old school way: Divide the G7 BC by .512 and it will give you a close enough G1 to start with. As laker stated, their numbers might not be 100% what your rifle actually produces. Not a hit on Hammer at all, but only use a manufacturer's number as a start point. BC may not be the same rifle to rifle.
An example is the new'ish 390 grain Hornady ATip, it's advertised as .987 G1 when my testing shows .96 G1. That <3% error might not sound like much, but at really long ranges it can be. My last outing with that rifle it could have made a difference of aiming at the top of my head and hitting me in the ankles.😂

Last edited: