Hammer 169s 7prc

I've seen a few rem mag posts but nothing in the prc yet. And most rem mags are shooting 143s or something along those lines due to twist rates. So I'm looking to see if anyone's actually run this combo. I think I'm actually going to run rl26 to start here though.

I've seen a few rem mag posts but nothing in the prc yet. And most rem mags are shooting 143s or something along those lines due to twist rates. So I'm looking to see if anyone's actually run this combo. I think I'm actually going to run rl26 to start here though.
We recently played with rl26 and the 143's in a 7mag with stellar results. rl26 is magic in the 7mag. Don't know about heavier options. We also just added the new 170g Hammer HHT that I think would be very good.

We recently played with rl26 and the 143's in a 7mag with stellar results. rl26 is magic in the 7mag. Don't know about heavier options. We also just added the new 170g Hammer HHT that I think would be very good.
I got some 169s here I'm gonna give a shot, kinda wishing they were 155s. But I loaded up a powder work up starting at 66 grains up to 69 with rl26. My velocity's won't be what's expected as I have a bit of a different build lol. I'm running an 18" carbon benchmark suppressed in 7prc. If I can get em up in the 2850 range I'll be pretty happy! Going to try to take these 169s to AK for caribou this august!

The 7RM data gives you a grneralstarting idea. There's several on the 169 too.
Not much data on the new PRC yet.
Please shate your rifle/load data when you finish. You might be First!

The 7RM data gives you a grneralstarting idea. There's several on the 169 too.
Not much data on the new PRC yet.
Please shate your rifle/load data when you finish. You might be First!
I'll report back soon as I get a day to shoot 'em. Likely Sunday! I'm also running 180 hybrids behind 26 and h1000..whichever performs best will get the AK nod.

I got some 169s here I'm gonna give a shot, kinda wishing they were 155s. But I loaded up a powder work up starting at 66 grains up to 69 with rl26. My velocity's won't be what's expected as I have a bit of a different build lol. I'm running an 18" carbon benchmark suppressed in 7prc. If I can get em up in the 2850 range I'll be pretty happy! Going to try to take these 169s to AK for caribou this august!

This is a long throated 7RM.
RL26 with 177gr HH
65gr 3029 C/C
66gr 3029
67gr 3071
68gr 3117
69gr 3173

Settled on 67gr for 3070 FPS. 68-69gr had bolt clicks and ejector print.

Last edited:
Hey Jake

Just as a reference for you, and I think you can get to 2850, I'm running 180 Hybrids over IMR7828SSC in the 7SS (Serman Short), also 18" barrel. 60.2gr charge is getting me 2700+ speeds. I can go hotter, but I'm very accurate right there and it does what I need it to do...

Hope this helps