Had to cancel my hunt - Spot open for big mule deer on the Eastern Plains of Colorado

toader

Due to the health of my father-in-law, I had to cancel my spot with J&D Outfitters for a guided Eastern Plains Colorado mule deer hunt. Spots for this hunt are very hard to come by and I am just trying to help the outfitter fill my spot. I have hunted with J&D Outfitters 5 times and have been 100% successful for mule deer and elk. The owner, Doyle Worbington, is a retired Army Ranger - he runs a 199% honest, quality outfitting service!!

The hunt will take place the first rifle season in Colorado which is October 24th to October 29th... 5 days of hunting these big mule deer.

If you are interested, you can contact him through his website at: Home - J & D Outfitters (tell him Jeff sent ya!!)

Here are some pictures of deer killed on this hunt:

Dang, Your not lying when you said big. The body( and horns ) look like Elk. That is some good looking deer there and big. Sure wish I was able to go on a hunt like that but it ain't gonna happen. Good Luck and hope your father in law gets better.

I will not post the cost out of respect for the outfitter - I will be honest & say its not cheap, any quality hunt isn't. If you are seriously interested, give Doyle a call - he will answer any questions you may have.

The hunt, outfitter, and his operation is about as good as it gets.....quality & honesty all around!!

I am going to clarify some stuff:

*The hunt costs $6500 plus your licenses...preference points are needed to draw the tag or a landowner voucher can be purchased if you cannot draw.

*I had to cancel due to the health of my father-in-law...he was diagnosed with untreatable leukemia - we came close to losing him at Xmas time. I just cannot commit to a hunt like this in fear of something happening to my father-in-law while I am away.

*I am just trying to help the outfitter fill this spot...due to the costs, needed preference points, etc..etc.... its not an easy spot to fill out of the blue. As I stated, the outfitter is a great guy, and I feel bad about leaving him hanging with the opening I created....I was just trying to try to help, that's all. He is very understanding of my situation and I consider him a friend so I want to assist filling the vacancy.

*As far as the size of the deer out there...score does not mean all that much to me...would I love to kill a monster 200" deer...hell yeah, but there are many things besides a score that make a good hunt!! The potential is there is this area for huge mule deer, but nothing is guaranteed - its hunting!!

*If there are any questions about the hunt that I could help with, please just give me a shout....I'd be glad to help!! I hope this clarifies some things here.

Thanks,
Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.