• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

H4350 at midsouth

1615920295659.png

A lot of these are first timers who have never been through this before. They hit the trade sites like a sport, like they started doing to limited bourbon a few years ago. It shows up in the demand for reloading presses and equipment. A lock n load AP was going on a local trade site for $1000-1300 NIB. That's a $500 machine. It was the same all the way down, with Frankford single stages going $100 over retail. Considering people are getting $200/brick for primers, who is getting this press out of the box and getting set up? I suspect that once factory ammo becomes available, a lot of these people won't see the need to reload and the bullets and preses and powder will start hitting the trade sites at a discount. That is what must be keeping Hodgden and Hornady up at night. Each 45 grains of powder and each bullet needs a primer, and there have been a lot of bullets and powder sold since I last saw primers in the store.

A lot of these are first timers who have never been through this before. They hit the trade sites like a sport, like they started doing to limited bourbon a few years ago. It shows up in the demand for reloading presses and equipment. A lock n load AP was going on a local trade site for $1000-1300 NIB. That's a $500 machine. It was the same all the way down, with Frankford single stages going $100 over retail. Considering people are getting $200/brick for primers, who is getting this press out of the box and getting set up? I suspect that once factory ammo becomes available, a lot of these people won't see the need to reload and the bullets and preses and powder will start hitting the trade sites at a discount. That is what must be keeping Hodgden and Hornady up at night. Each 45 grains of powder and each bullet needs a primer, and there have been a lot of bullets and powder sold since I last saw primers in the store.
I completely agree... I can't find the simplest of things, I need a cpl of collets for a bullet puller and they are made of unobtainium, why? Who Is hoarding puller collets...lol