gunwerks stock paint job

bigdog22

I am not a very creative guy, but I want to try to paint a stock to mimic the paint job on gunwerks stocks. is the patter done with rag rolling or something similar?

I don't know what that paint job looks like but I can tell you how to do a digit-flage camouflage like the USMC type. At Wall-mart in either the craft or fabric section you can find plastic mats that are used for needle point or something like rug hooking. They are about one foot square have little squares in them. Paint your stock with flat sand color a couple coats letting it dry between coats. Then hold the mat close to the stock and use the dark green paint to paint spots and lines here and there all over the stock. Then using the same method use the flat black paint and fill in between your green areas. It pays to practice on some cardboard to get your method down pat before doing the stock. I use quick shots with a swiping motion. I have painted a few stocks like this and they look good and do hold up really well.

RT2506,

I can't speak for others but I know I would like to see the outcome of your painting technique. There are lots of folks out there who would appreciate seeing what can be done with your idea.

Please post some pictures.

Regards.

2008_0310K-31Pictures0003.jpg

This is the only picture I have of a paint job but you can't really see it good.

Here's one I did using a tan base coat and what is called a sea sponge from the Walmart craft department with a few different colors. Then topped it with a little white webbing. Turned out pretty good.

This tripod was done in woodland tan Duracoat for the base the some pepper tree and mesquite leaves with cheap spray paint. You can buy some pretty cool stencils on ebay if you search "camo stencil".

Attachments

• 20160502_153702.jpg
    20160502_153702.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 20160502_153751.jpg
    20160502_153751.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 121
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.