Gunwerks 7mmLRM Reloading

1 Trapper

Does anyone have a hunting load for the 7mmLRM? The Berger 180 Hybrid that Gunwerks sells shoots extremely well, but I would like to get a hunting load that has similar accuracy. I have worked with the Berger 180 vld with limited results.
Thanks

Working at load development right now on my 7-LRM with the Badlands 150 BD-2's. Using RL-26 / 71 gr and 0.015 off the lands on the first round got it to 0.458" at 3,213 fps. Going to play with the seating depth next week to see if we can tighten that up some more. Seems to like 0.010 - 0.015 off the lands... Wish we had H1000 :(

(Gunwerks Magnus with a 24" Proof. Was shooting the Gunwerks 180 Hybrid loads right at 3k)

What powders do you have?
I am just finishing moving my reloading equipment, so I need to find my notes.
Most of the loads I have tried are with H1000, which Gunwerks say is the powder they use.
I also have 8133, US869, and a bunch of others.
I did get a custom die made and have not tried it-hoping to make certain the neck tension is consistent.

Does anyone have a hunting load for the 7mmLRM? The Berger 180 Hybrid that Gunwerks sells shoots extremely well, but I would like to get a hunting load that has similar accuracy. I have worked with the Berger 180 vld with limited results.
Thanks
72.3 grains H1000 in my 7LRM with 180 grain Berger Hybrids yields less than 1MOA at all distances.

Curious as to why you don't want to use the 180's. I have killed a lot of animals using the 180's in my LRM with no issues out to 850 yards. I just recently came back from South Africa where nine animals all found the 180's a little more than they could handle. From 200 to 850 all one shot kills. My friend also used it to take 4 warthogs from 60 yards to 300 yards with no issues. I originally shot 72.0 grains of H1000 but have now backed off to 70.0 in hope of extending barrel life and Brass life. They shoot very well. I am also a huge fan of the Hammer Hunters so you might try some of the loads given here. They are great bullets and kill quickly as well. I use them in a 6.5 PRC and my 300 PRC at the moment and I like them very much. Good Luck.

Curious as to why you don't want to use the 180's. I have killed a lot of animals using the 180's in my LRM with no issues out to 850 yards. I just recently came back from South Africa where nine animals all found the 180's a little more than they could handle. From 200 to 850 all one shot kills. My friend also used it to take 4 warthogs from 60 yards to 300 yards with no issues. I originally shot 72.0 grains of H1000 but have now backed off to 70.0 in hope of extending barrel life and Brass life. They shoot very well. I am also a huge fan of the Hammer Hunters so you might try some of the loads given here. They are great bullets and kill quickly as well. I use them in a 6.5 PRC and my 300 PRC at the moment and I like them very much. Good Luck.
Good post. The 180 Hybrids and the 169 Hammers have done well for me also. My 16 yr old daughter took a whitetail doe at 830 yd with the 180 - 1 shot through the lungs. Couldn't have been more proud than if I'd have done it myself. ;) Perfect terminal performance at that range.

180ELDM's - H1000 @ 69.8g, 0.025" off lands @ 2989fps
- RL26 @ 68.5g, 0.005" off lands @ 2985fps

180 Berger Hybrids - H1000 @ 69.4g, 0.030" off lands @ 3013fps

shooting out of a 24" 8 twist proof GW rifle

I have shot a number of animals over the past years, including a sheep and a bunch of deer with the 180 Hybrids at various ranges. One and done. Was very happy with the cartridge.
But, last fall, I knocked down two deer-both got up and ran. Bit of a shock, because prior experience was the same as above reported above-one shot and done. Found one the next day-shot through the lungs at about 350 yards, traveled about 500 yards. Last minutes of legal shooting time, no snow or blood for tracking.
And as I indicated above the 180 Hybrids shoot a dime size group, at Gunwerks published speed.
Love the accuracy, just wondered if there was something better.

The bull in my avatar was taken with a 7LRM and Berger 180 Hybrids at a little over 700 yards. Bullet found on opposite side under the hide perfectly mushroomed.
By the way, this rifle which I sold since was one of the most accurate rifles that I have ever owned. it would not print a jagged hole, but one hole that looked like only one bullet went through it. Why did I sell? Hornady brass issues not lasting more than two firings and availability of them back then too.