Gunsmiths in Denver area?

NavyBlue

Hey all!

New to the forums here. I'm in the Navy and just moved out to Colorado for the next 3 years. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good gunsmiths out here. Looking to either buy a completely custom rifle or start work on a couple actions i have.

Also, i've never been here so if anyone has any advice on zones to put in for elk/mulies, any help would be great. Looking to find a hunting buddy but people don't seem to be too open out here.

Thank you.

Hey all!

New to the forums here. I'm in the Navy and just moved out to Colorado for the next 3 years. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good gunsmiths out here. Looking to either buy a completely custom rifle or start work on a couple actions i have.

Also, i've never been here so if anyone has any advice on zones to put in for elk/mulies, any help would be great. Looking to find a hunting buddy but people don't seem to be too open out here.

Thank you.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Not in Denver but worth the trip for you >>> Gre'-Tan Rifles

As far as zones go, it's best to network and perhaps start with guys from your new duty station but must have to gain their trust, esp. for a newbie ... that goes for anywhere.

Good luck!

Ed

Thanks for the info FEENIX! I've been talking to the guys im new shop but not many hunters unfortunately. Crazy people i tell ya!

Gre-Tan is very good. Weaver rifles is just east of Colorado Springs. Kevin weaver has built 2 rifles for me and they're both outstanding.

I know you asked about Denver and someone I've heard a bit about is Greg Tannel of Gre'-Tan Rifles (in Rifle, CO) 970-878-5421.

I also know of 2 gunsmiths in Colorado Springs (1 I've used and another that is highly regarded)

1) Weaver Rifles 719-683-3024
2) High-Tech Custom (main 'smith is Ritchie) 719-667-1090

I used High-Tech to fix the safety on an ancient rifle (Remington 512P) and he did a good job with that. Unfortunately the rifle still struggles to eject rounds I didn't directly ask him to address that problem.

fmajor is right on with Rich Reilly at Hi Tech Customs. He rebuilt my .340 Weatherby Mk 5 into a beautiful piece of a shooting iron. He installed his own muzzle brake that makes it an all day shooter (no pain). As stated above, he is in Colorado Springs, but give him a call.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts