Gun Vise-Anyone tried one of these yet?

Just got my Vise from UPS. Samson & Cassie scared the hell out of the delivery person that was putting the package in our garage and both dogs jumped out of the door. The delivery person's eyes were the size of dinner plates. I had to calm him down he told me he saw his life pass. Well Samson is now 150 lbs and Cassie probably 60-70.
Anyway here is a picture and Rhett you just cost me $300+.
Can't wait to set it up and make a plate to have it mobile.
Now just have to get through this next spinal cord surgery.
You're welcome 😁. Got mine yesterday. Good luck w/ the surgery.

After seeing that master vice earlier this year it gave me the idea to modify my versa cradle. I machined an adapter to attach an SC-SOAR clamp to the ballhead and use threaded knobs to attach to the bench. I made another adapter like they have with the small vice. I use it for cleaning and assembly/disassembly/scopes/etc. Best thing I've done. The Tipton sits in the corner unused.

Attachments

• EE92024B-A374-4C5B-A7B8-8DD2892C3F40.jpeg
    EE92024B-A374-4C5B-A7B8-8DD2892C3F40.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 29
I usually wear a Resistol now, but do have a few Stetsons from the 80s when I did Rodeo (packed away for memories gone).
We get looks when Jill and i walk into an establishment. Jill has a nice dress on and I have a Western Shirt, my hat on and a 1911 in a Tooled Leather Holster. Figured they are looking at Jill because she is Beautiful. Never got in any arguments even in the rowdiest places (although was asked to leave a few).

Would this vise be a good idea for purposes of cleaning a rifle along? I currently use a lead sled to hold my rifles for cleaning and mounting optics as it is all its good for. LOL

Would this vise be a good idea for purposes of cleaning a rifle along? I currently use a lead sled to hold my rifles for cleaning and mounting optics as it is all its good for. LOL
Should be good for just about anything. I bought it mainly for mounting scopes, stock and/or magazine work, and trigger work. I'll probably still use my Tipton for cleaning though. But then again, maybe not.

After seeing that master vice earlier this year it gave me the idea to modify my versa cradle. I machined an adapter to attach an SC-SOAR clamp to the ballhead and use threaded knobs to attach to the bench. I made another adapter like they have with the small vice. I use it for cleaning and assembly/disassembly/scopes/etc. Best thing I've done. The Tipton sits in the corner unused.
Great idea…slick work.

I find myself clamping the barrel more often then the stock.

Just got my Vise from UPS. Samson & Cassie scared the hell out of the delivery person that was putting the package in our garage and both dogs jumped out of the door. The delivery person's eyes were the size of dinner plates. I had to calm him down he told me he saw his life pass. Well Samson is now 150 lbs and Cassie probably 60-70.
Anyway here is a picture and Rhett you just cost me $300+.
Can't wait to set it up and make a plate to have it mobile.
Now just have to get through this next spinal cord surgery.
Got mine mounted to a piece of 1/2" aluminum. Taped the 3 - 1/4x20 holes and clamped it to bench. I found the deep C clamps at Harbor Freight. They work great and I use this plate/clamp method for my presses also.

Haven't used vise yet but so far I like the quality.

Attachments

• 05D67B0D-73AC-4157-8FE2-A8AA2EC1D321.jpeg
    05D67B0D-73AC-4157-8FE2-A8AA2EC1D321.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 601F0A3E-C09C-4C43-84DF-0A1438005011.jpeg
    601F0A3E-C09C-4C43-84DF-0A1438005011.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Sorry 😁
I've got the Tipton but wanted something sturdier, non flexible and ran across it in my search. What's $300 when you're mounting $2000-$3000 scopes? Not to mention all the other assets. Less than 8 lbs of powder nowadays too.
I bought a Tipton Ultra and I'll be honest not worth the extra dough in my opinion over the Tipton best. My bench also has a carpenters vise and I mounted a machinist vise on it as well for swapping out barrel……now I just need the same workbench on the other side of the garage to put my reloading set up.

Got mine mounted to a piece of 1/2" aluminum. Taped the 3 - 1/4x20 holes and clamped it to bench. I found the deep C clamps at Harbor Freight. They work great and I use this plate/clamp method for my presses also.

That 1/2" alum plate isn't cheap either!

I told UPS to stop letting themselves in my breezeway to deliver packages. One day I was in the kitchen and I hear that breezeway door open, forgot to close the door from the breezeway into the house. I hear growling, barking scratching nails on wood followed by "oh sh-t!" Packages falling and a door slam. He met my 85 pound pointer pit bull mix Walter 😂 I walked outside and the guy was sitting in the driveway leaned up against him truck. I said to him "if you want to keep you pants unsoiled, next time leave the package on my doorstep like I asked." 😂😂