Guided Hunting near NYC

Rum and not the liquid

There's talk of a holiday to new York city and I thought if I'm in America ( I'm in new zealand) I'd try and do some hunting problem is I wouldn't know where to begin. If we go it'll be round june ish i guess ive got 2 questions. 1, I know you guys have seasons so am I going to be there in season as such or am I coming at the wrong time? And 2 is there any hunting to be done near NYC and guided hunting at that too?

Lucas

Well I will try to awnser your question, I live about 6 hours from there. Yes we have seasons the deer season just ended in NY yesterday. In the summer you can shoot wood chucks and thats about it unless..... You know farmers then you can shoot deer.

As for the guided hunts yes I belive there are a few private game farms in NY and PA but you would have to do some internet searching to find them. Also there is hunting around NY city, you just have to get out of the city and it become quite rural agin very fast.

I know its not a direct awnser but I hope it helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.