I need coyote hunting help near West Point, NY

rancilio

I have hunted coyotes with much less success than I'd like. I am looking for somebody that knows what they are doing to teach me how to bring them in. I have all the gear that I need, I think. I have plenty of military land to hunt. Come on over and lets hunt. Show me how its done. Thanks.

Well first of all, your hunting EASTERN Cyotes and I can tell you with some what humbling experience that the eastern is a different bread all together. I am from Virginia. our friends out west can hunt yotes a little differnt, well make that a lot different.

You wil have your best luck with zero wind. The thing with areas that do not have an heaping amount of open land is that the cyote will smell you before he gets in the open, he will smell you from 300 yards and you cant see him until he gets to 80 yards. Its not that you didnt call one in, its that you never even seen him cause he stayed in the cover and circled down wind.

try using a partner, as well setting way away from your caller, 200 -300 yards down wind where the cyote will try to get to to . He hill make a b-line straight for the spot that he start his advance, he will not head to the caller untill he is perfectly down wind.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.