Greybull or huskemaw???

A good friend turned me on to Huskemaw last year by letting me use his to take a Pronghorn at over 500yds, my longest shot ever on a game animal. I was impressed by the "hunter friendly" elevation turret, easy-to-use wind adjustments, and simple reticle. I choked at the cost, but my new 5-20x Blue Diamond arrived the other day, and is awaiting the completion of a semi-custom Remington 700 in .284 Winchester. Can't wait to begin load workup and data collection for my initial turret, the instructions and DVD provided with the scope are very detailed on this issue. The biggest problem I've found in using the scope is the need for a quality rangefinder that is accurate to the distances the scope/rifle are capable of.

SSTX

I have 3 Huskemaws as of this moment and am planning on purchasing 1 more in the near future. I purchased my first one 4 yrs ago. I too was concerened about buying a new product that no one else I knew had ever heard of. 20 yrs ago guys considering buying a Nightforce probably had the same concern"I wonder how long they will be around?"

Yeah I was the local guinea pig for NF. It was a colon clenching deal.

Yes that was my concern, the rangefinder. My hunting partner just purchesed a leica 1600, sounds like it is a good one? The local dealer for huskemaw is getting a new shipment in later this week so I will be at his door to take another look! Kind of off the subject but has anyone played with a 6.5-06ai? I am getting some very fast loads that they tell me I should not be able to achieve. No signs of pressures.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts