Huskemaw or Burris

Terrytf

Huskemaw 5-20 Rifle Scope or the Burris Xtreme Tactical Scope 6X-24X-50mm??
on the burris I will have custom turrets made.. Burris just sent me a 60% off for any of there opyics so that makes there XTR scope about 550.00 . Have not seen any promos foe Huskemaw. any thoughts on this would help me out I'm having a real hard time picking out a scope ..

I like BURRIS, great optics in the xtr and great to deal with. IF you have a problem, call Sam and it will be fixed in a heartbeat.

There are a bunch of Huskemaw promos on YouTube, with that being said I've never used one or even seen one for that matter.

I do on the other hand have a XTR 6-24x50 on my custom .338 RUM, these scopes are HEAVY, but on my ~14lb RUM, scope weight is of no consequence. The optical clarity has been as good as any of my Leupys, (not as good as my Zeiss). Repeatibility has been good so far, if you can get this scope for $550 I'd already have it in the mail!! Burris scopes are a quality option, are they comparable to the Nightforce, Premier, Hensoldt, USO etc? No, of course not, they aren't in the same league as scopes up to and including 3x the price of the Burris. But my experience has been favorable....

If you have time I believe Ernie Bishop did a Huskemaw review for LRH, it's worth reading.

....then again if the Huskemaw is so great why is Gseven now offering a Nightforce model?? Aaron Davidson is still with Best of the West isn't he?

Thank you for the replies . I went down to see if I could finger the Burris . they did not have one but they had a new Nikon Monarch X, 4-16x50mm,with Nikoplex and it is very nice and now mine... thank god this is over and I have a scope

I have had two Nikon's in the 6.5-20 series, (still own one), my findings have been:

1.) Excellent glass-
2.) Poor eye relief
3.) 1/8moa adjustments aren't my cup of tea.
4.) Great prices
5.) Ridgity has been good so far

Good luck with your new scope, let us know how you like it.

I bought a Huskemaw about 6 weeks ago,put it on my 300 win mag shot it like the book said, The alt. was 100 feet told them I was hunting at 5500 feet,went to the ranch an played back up on a 12 point mulie droped him at 300 yards, Got a Audad at 200 yards an the last, my mule deer was at 556 yards with a 9 mph cross wind I put it on the third mark an the deer fell. These are not extreme ranges but the scope was very clear an did what it was supposed to do. I am happy with it. Next week I will do some rock hunting at 7,8,an 900 yards an see what happens, From what happend this past week, there will be some rocks saying OUCH

Thats cool ..I'm getting a 7mm-stw after the frist of the year and the huskemaw will be on top of it .

I know a lot of these guys do a lot of reloading, trying new loads an stuff out. That will not work with this scope, you change your load, you haft to change your turret. I have been shooting the same load for 13 years in the same 2 guns, they work an if it ain't broke, then don't fix it. So it will work for me. Stick to the basics don't make it harder than it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.