Great Nov. for PA.

Waynzee

Hey fellas, it's a great Nov. for PA., Trump won for President, Jill Stein and her green party got spanked again by a federal judge with no recount of votes for PA., Hitlery rode off into the sunset, Castro died and PA.'s Gov. signed a bill for semi auto weapons to be used for hunting. It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Most definitely a Nov to remember. All good so far and you forgot the DOW is off the charts. Semi autos. So cool might have to come on over again. But would end up breaking in my 7mm mag. On a nice buck.

I couldn't agree more. Our heritage of guns is safe and I can enjoy all my rifles without the scare of loosing them. I had a decent rifle season this year as well as my boys. It'll be nice to take the old smoke pull for a walk after Christmas as well.

Yep, I've got a doe permit left and my MZL permit so weather permitting I'll be out there too. Had to put a fiber optic front sight on my T/C Hawken last year though and I've got to hold my shots to about 75 yards or less now but it's still fun to go out and let the younger guys do all the driving up and down the hills and through the Mountain Laurel. lol

LOL I know what you mean. I just happen to be one that does the pushing. LOL. I enjoy it though. My oldest and I drive the deer for my father and grandfather. I may be still be a young pup in most older gents such as yourself but have been taught very well. Alot of the youngster theses days won't even pick up a smokepole bit I actually enjoy it. I love shooting my my muzzleloaders. I just bought a Hawkins .54 caliber still in the box off an old timer last year. Never assembled. I put it together and bought a mold for it from midway and made some sabbots last year. If the weather is decent on a weekend here before Christmas I am going to sight it in and use it. Otherwise ill be taking either my Traditions .50 or .45 for a walk.

My .45 and my .50 are both renegades with set triggers. I just gave my oldest my traditions tradition buck hunter .50 cal because I couldn't get used to not having a set trigger on my muzzleloader. I don't know how many time I set at the bench sighting it in I shot before I was totally ready. I am just so used to that set trigger. He has no problems with it though. He used to a regular rifle so it worked out great for him. I taught him to get over the flash the way my dad and Pap taught me. Just load the flash pan nothing else and do it that way to get used to it. Then load and shoot. He's a natural.

That's great you have a family tradition going on there, good luck or as I told a fella the other day, I really don't need luck, I got woods skill but I'll take the luck too. haha.

That's great you have a family tradition going on there, good luck or as I told a fella the other day, I really don't need luck, I got woods skill but I'll take the luck too. haha.

LOL. Luck and skill go hand and hand. Well the way I see it is the old ways seem to be the best ways. All the old ways I was taught never failed me to date. My three older sons are all good shooters. Two years ago my oldest shot a five point at 75 yards and he shot a 4 point this year at 120 yards. He shoots a Rem 260 model 7. He's 13. My second son shot his first deer this year. A large doe at 157 yards with a one and done deal. She dropped like a sack of potatoes. He's 11. My third son shot a 6 point last year at 45 yards and shot a 3 point this year at 127 yards. He only 8. All of them one and done shots. All dropped where they stood. I have had them.shooting 22s since they could hold a gun. All excellent shots both on bench and freehand.

Yep, You did your son's good, teaching em how to handle weapons at a young age. The proof is in the venison and other wild game you'll be having at the dinner table. Ya know if every father taught their son's and daughter's the way of the woods it would sure be great.

Yep, You did your son's good, teaching em how to handle weapons at a young age. The proof is in the venison and other wild game you'll be having at the dinner table. Ya know if every father taught their son's and daughter's the way of the woods it would sure be great.

Couldn't agree more there. If the younger generations would understand how beneficial it is they would all do it. I can't wait till my fourth is ready. My two nieces are taking an interest as well so hopefully there will be more generations to come.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts