Great American Show, PA

adk hunter

We just returned from the show and wondered who else attended? Thoughts??

It was my first time and I rode down with my nephew, his bf and his FIL. Great time away during the worst time of the year for me. I was completely shocked at how packed it was being so enormous! We went Friday and Saturday at the end of the week. Being 6 plus hours away we were oblivious to the fact Trump was going to appear. I had to tip my hat to how zealous some were and not so much for some who were way over the top (like a bully at school looking for a fight).

We couldn't possible "cover" it all and I had a list of vendors by number so I made a point of hitting them. The most pleasant hidden gems we would stumble by were things like self healing targets and down to earth outfitters. When someone gives me the honor of their time and knowledge I will work hard to reciprocate.

I was also amazed how engaged most were at the end of a long week. Hats off to the organizers, vendors and everyone who enjoys the outdoorsman arena.

My wife and I usually go every year. Except this year. I have a trip planned for Texas first of March. I didn't want to miss more work than needed. We've been there at the end of the show and on Monday and Tuesday. Didn't want to try the first weekend because I can just see it being a mad house. No matter what day it is, it's busy. I like going on Monday and Tuesday. We can get through it in 2 days. But we don't stop at every booth and we don't go through the fishing booths. Most of the time we go through it twice.

I really like the show. I wished there was more of the reloading stuff and more gun manufactures there.

Plus, we stay at a hotel close to Bass Pro Shops (Harrisburg Mall) and use the shuttles that run to the show. That's better than fighting the traffic to and from the show.

Jason

I'd take the suggestion of the self healing targets, my forays this far didn't heal all that well even with very mild rounds.

I went a few times but haven't been down few years. They have some local bus tours that go down. Just meet at the local Walmart and take buss down, don't have to worry about parking. drop off at front door. Has worked good except one year in ice storm I dint know if we were going to survive the ride over the PA. mountains