A great read for today!!!

That's a great read for any day! Never hurts to keep remembering.

+1 on whats already been said !!

Most churches didnt open their doors on the 4th of July .

But we visited a church on the 4th and the preacher read off nearly all of what the OP has posted here. He mentioned how several had to pay the price for our Independance and we walk around many times with out giving it much thought at all ! It was a very very motivating service !!! I say we should be very thankful for those who payed the price before us, so we can freely recieve the great benefits of living in the greatest country in the world AMERICA !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this thread !

Didja know that the signers were fully aware of ramifications of what they had done.

Some shed tears, others knelt in prayer. All were moved by the act.

Good men, all of them!

lightbulb
Didja know that the signers were fully aware of ramifications of what they had done.

Some shed tears, others knelt in prayer. All were moved by the act.

Good men, all of them!

Roy, I taught adult sunday school class last sunday and I read where John Adams had written his wife concerning the decleration of independence I cant remember it all but he told her that it should be rememberd and celebrated from one end of this continent to the other and said something like it was a sovern act of God . My point is he was privately making mention of God to his wife . You may say , why are you talking about this and what is so special about that . Well todays politicions all get a case of "religion" when they want our votes, but they are far from a Christian !! We need some Godly men in the white house ! Senators, congressmen. We need a president with some morals , standerds and one that loves our FLAG and salutes it !! If his name even resembles or echoes that of bin laden ???? Well u see what I mean. lightbulb
I believe it was a committee of 5 (I may be wrong)
Thanks again for the post I will settle down now . To much time in the sun today LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.