Grand Slam Completed

Bob what an accomplishment and what a way to finish!

I gotta say when I read the equipment used I had to laugh due to all the threads I've read here bout how you need a cannon at 1,000yds and beyond and how "real experts" have chided me on telling folks that a 4.5-15 is plenty of scope to get you to 1,000yds on most med/large game.

You just cant' argue with this kind of success.

Just think you now have a whole off season to figure out where to go and what to do next ..... .

Again, congratulations and happy new year.

I gotta say when I read the equipment used I had to laugh due to all the threads I've read here bout how you need a cannon at 1,000yds and beyond and how "real experts" have chided me on telling folks that a 4.5-15 is plenty of scope to get you to 1,000yds on most med/large game.

You just cant' argue with this kind of success.

I guess if you can make head shots at almost 1300 yards you don't need a sledge hammer, a ball peen will work!

I'm just kidding!

I guess if you can make head shots at almost 1300 yards you don't need a sledge hammer, a ball peen will work!

I'm just kidding!
Hell at that range the 7 mag is an ice pick, not a ball peen!

This is one of the best hunting stories I've ever heard and man what a way to end a 30 year quest.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.