Gout wth!!!!

royinidaho

Gloom dispair and agony on me!!!!!!

I got GOUT in my left thumb!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Way more uncomfortable/painful than spleen + gall bladder + kidney removal added up!!!

Worst part is I CAN'T squeeze the rear bag.

Gettin' old flat sux........:rolleyes:

Unbelievably painful. I get it in my foot once in a while.
See your doc and get the pills,,,don't forget to take em.

Join the club,Roy. I've had gout for almost 15 years. It is controllable. You are right it sucks to have gout. Getting old ain't for sissies....:) Usually my flare-ups attack my feet or wrist. Hang in there.

Mine flare up once in a while on my right foot... it sucks. Low purine diet will help.

I did the gall bladder deal and the kidney thing. At least when that's over it's over. Gout can and probably will come back and the gout medicine can be bad for your remaining kidney. The same things that can cause gout can cause kidney stones. They're real fun. Had one in elk camp one year.---down the mountain to the hospital for two days. Got out and shot a bull with my muzzle loader that evening. When a gout or kidney stone attack is over it's over---until the next attack. +1 on the low purine diet.

Good luck. I found that if I cut out shrimp, crab and lobster the flare ups went away. Try Allopurenol. I keeps mine under control...

Good luck. I found that if I cut out shrimp, crab and lobster the flare ups went away. Try Allopurenol. I keeps mine under control...

2nd that!!!! I love all of that stuff, just had to lay off of it!! Take the little pink pill at night an drink plenty of water!! Allopurinol is a God send!! It works!!

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Please go to the Dr. and find out if you really have gout or something more sinister.
My father had gout so therefore I figured the owwies that I was feeling was the gout. I fooled myself for about 20 years. I found out that I have severe rhumatiod arthritis and a few other select named things.
As of now I have very few joints that don"t need replacement and I can't afford the super meds to stop RA. I can't afford the joint replacents either.
I have no real life now and it appears that my life won't be getting any better.
I have a hard time shooting, flyfishing, walking, dishes etc. etc.
I am only 51 years old and I am useless as compared to what I used to do.
Take care of yourself. JW

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.