Got ammo to burn

MOOSE39465

This is my second 6.5 Grendel. I built this one for extended ranges. Hopefully the weather will let me shoot it tomorrow. I got 3 boxes of Hornady black I need to break in the barrel. Hopefully I can go thru all 3 boxes so I can start reloading.

Attachments

• 4C185698-4F24-4303-9A09-54B1CCC3B6E8.jpeg
    4C185698-4F24-4303-9A09-54B1CCC3B6E8.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 128
Nice looking rifle. I love my 6.5 Grendel's. Some are picky about what bullet they want to shoot. I have two different rifles with two different barrel makes and neither liked the Hornady 123 SST bullet in factory ammo or any hand load and I tried my best to make it shoot. I have not shot any ELDs, mostly concentrated on deer hunting bullets. It was pretty easy to find great accuracy with both 120 gr Sierra Pro Hunter and Speer Gold Dot with IMR 8208. I have also seen where others have gotten great accuracy with these bullets with many different powders. I have killed deer with both bullets and both did great but I liked the results of the Gold Dot best. Good luck.

Nice looking rifle. I love my 6.5 Grendel's. Some are picky about what bullet they want to shoot. I have two different rifles with two different barrel makes and neither liked the Hornady 123 SST bullet in factory ammo or any hand load and I tried my best to make it shoot. I have not shot any ELDs, mostly concentrated on deer hunting bullets. It was pretty easy to find great accuracy with both 120 gr Sierra Pro Hunter and Speer Gold Dot with IMR 8208. I have also seen where others have gotten great accuracy with these bullets with many different powders. I have killed deer with both bullets and both did great but I liked the results of the Gold Dot best. Good luck.
It's pretty well documented that the 123eld is of the same construction as the eldx, just slightly different shape. They work for deer. That being said, I run the 120gr gold dot myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts