Got all the parts for the .338 Lapua..

dougm

Just received my Stiller action. It's a Preditor Extreme single shot for the .338 Lapua mag.

I was just waiting for the action as I already have the Bartlein 20 inch barrel(1:12 twist for 225 and 250 grain bullets), and Patriot Arms FB brake, and Jewell trigger, and a McRee aluminum stock. I also purchased, from Stiller, one of their scope bases with 20 MOA offset.

Sooo now all I need is to send it out and have it chambered, and the brake installed. I hope it doesn't take too long as I would like to use it this year out in Colorado for Elk. I'm going to call American Precision Arms (formaly Patriot Arms) to see if they will do the work, and what the lead time will be.

Can't wait for it to get done. I bought a used US Optics SN3 T-Pal 3.2-17 ffp for it.

Doug

If you live in Harrisburg, why not support one of the site smiths?? Kevin Cram (Montour County Rifles) is just north of you in Danville. I'm sure he'd be happy to work with you.

So Doug, what are you going to do with the 338 Micelli??? IF you decide to not keep it in the team, I will put in first dobs on it!!!!!
nmhunter
by the way can't wait to see the new 338!!!!!

Yea I know I should take a before photo of just all the parts. I'll try to do that and post it.

Tom, the .338 Miceli isn't going anywhere!!! :) I'll be taking it with me to Colorado as well, just wanted the Lapua to give me more range. Out to 300 the .338 Miceli works great and is very portable too.

jmason, thanks for the info on Kevin Cram. How do the rifle (s) shoot that he has built for you? What calibers did you choose? Did he build you a .338 Lapua? How's it shoot?

Always good to find new talented gunsmith's that others have used.
Thanks again

Kevin has done some work for me on a 270 I have and it shoots great IMO. I have him building a 7MM wsm now and I'm sure it will shoot well too. There are a lot of guys on here that have had him build guns. I don't see how building a .338 Lapua poses any "special" issues. I know he has and shoots a 338-378 and I may be mistaken but I believe he's killed deer in excess of 1500 yds with it, and a ground hog in excess of 2000 yds with it. It's not a Lapua but it's in the same class of .338 cannons:D.

Did you think I was just pushing you towards someone with out having knowledge of who they were?

Last edited:
Well, I had to check to make sure :)

Glad you are happy with his work. Although I already have a gunsmith lined up for this project, I'll keep him in mind for a future build.

Thanks again

Doug

Well Doug I just had to check on the Micelli, Kinda figured you were going to hold on to it.
So when will you and Shawn be in WY for the lope hunt. are you going on to CO from there?
nmhunter

Tom,
We are leaving my house on Oct 10th, and should be in Casper by the 12th. Plan is to hunt 13, 14, 15 then drive to Colorado to meet the guide on the 16th and hunt the next five days before heading back home. I hope you guys leave us some lope to shoot at!!! :)

Steve, maybe we can meet up on our way back home for lunch, that would a real treat. I know Shawn would like to see you too. We will have to exchange phone numbers and we'll call you when we get out there.

Thanks guys

gun)that should be quite a handfull. I would like to see some pics and see what your ballistics look like. paigeodad

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.