Good long range scope with zero stop for beginner

Has anybody used an Arken scope? They have a lifetime warranty that includes adjustment accuracy. Also has zero stop, FFP and MIL, Japanese glass for what thats worth. They do have an MOA option as well. Each scope is tested when it arrives to verify the windage/elevation adjustments are accurate. I like the SHR reticle because it doesn't have too much going on. Most of their scopes are priced at 600, but the one I was looking at was 349, currently out of stock.

I've been looking for one. The SHR is on back order for a couple months at the quickest. Debating an EP4 but not sure on the reticle.

Has anybody used an Arken scope? They have a lifetime warranty that includes adjustment accuracy. Also has zero stop, FFP and MIL, Japanese glass for what thats worth. They do have an MOA option as well. Each scope is tested when it arrives to verify the windage/elevation adjustments are accurate. I like the SHR reticle because it doesn't have too much going on. Most of their scopes are priced at 600, but the one I was looking at was 349, currently out of stock.
I've been looking at those as well

"IF" you guys do a quick query on this site, there are at least 4 members I know that have the Arken scope.

For what it is worth, the first time I asked them where their scopes are actually made, below is their response ...

Arken scopes.JPG

Tonight, below is their response ...

Arken Optics.JPG

Last edited:
One more excellent option is the Tract Toric 4-20x50. Japanese made and on sale for 1k right now with their 10% sitewide coupon. You won't find a better optic for that price.

If you are really trying to stay on budget you would do well to consider the new Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25X56.
Paid $699 for mine recently. Have it on a .22 for long range goofing around. FFP 30mm w/ great zero stop turret. A bit heavy but a lot of scope for the money.

Just went through the scope selection dilemma myself. Decided on Athlon Midas TAC 5-25x56 mil/mil for $750 from spartan precision rifles. **** good scope. Optics are awesome. I can see the bullet holes at 200yards. No more walking that gauntlet thank goodness. I like it so much that I bought a Athlon Neos 4-12x with duplex reticle for my hunting rifle. The Neos cost me about $120 from Amazon. It's optics are great too and the scope as a whole is just unbelievable.
Just 10-12years ago a person would have paid 3 times as much for scopes of this quality. I paid a $1000 for my vortex viper pst gen ii 5-25x last year and it's a great scope too. However my Midas is noticeably clearer though. I can't make out my hits at 200yards with the viper pst, but I can with the Midas.
Listen to the reviews that others have posted and watch some of the video's on YouTube about these and other common scopes in your price range. Pretty much every scope suggested to you are darn good so you'll be fine with whichever brand you get. You'll come out better in the long run if you buy a scope that does everything that you need to start with. I wouldn't recommend spending more money on a scope than what you paid for the rifle.
Good Luck 👍

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.