• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Good deal?

Caleb85

Last night my wife and I went to cabelas in kansas city and she found a used Browning stainless abolt in 7mm mag with a 3.5-15 night force on top in the gun library for $1400 !!!! I thought it was a heck of a deal and she couldn't be leave it.

Rifle and Scope combinations are often difficult to move. Some will like the rifle and not the scope, others will hold the opposing view. Also, scope power and reticles are a personal thing. You can change out the reticle but not the range of optical power. Got to consider also that the rifle's barrel may or may not be in good condition and there are other considerations when purchasing a used rifle. Therefore, whether it's a good deal or not is a matter of opinion.

Depending on the type of NF optics, they sell from 600 (varminter) to upwards of $2,000+ for new NXS. Plus the Browning selling for (per Gunbroker) 495 to 1200 depending on condition, etc. So for I would think it could be a smoking deal or an "ok" deal...

Do you have more specific details about the rifle and scope? On the surface, it seems like you have probably found a good deal. With that said, the NXS line has a pretty wide range of price points, depending on the features of the particular scope, and A-bolts don't tend to bring a lot of money on the used market. I've never really understood that, because I am quite fond of the examples I own, but those are my observations.

On the bright side, you're rolling up on the perfect time to sell that rifle. Deer season is right around the corner and the market will be about as hot as it's going to get.

I'd buy it in a heart beat. If the rifle isn't what you want sell it on GB or right here on the classifieds and put the money towards a nice LR Rig.

The scope alone is worth 1,000-up.

This time of year selling the rifle alone would be no problem at all.

Sounds like a good deal especially if you were in need of a larger caliber rifle. Good deal not a great deal as at times you can run along a $1000 nsx used ( I just sold a new in box nsx with HS and ZS for $1400 on here) and seems brownings normally go for around $500 in rough shape to $700 in good shape used. Again as said it all depends on the market and the market should come around within the next month or so. Just my 2 cents.

seems brownings normally go for around $500 in rough shape to $700 in good shape used.

There's a Stainless Stalker in 7 Mag on the forum now with a trigger job, upgraded recoil pad, new Vortex Viper, Harris bipod and sling that hasn't yet sold for $800. I'm baffled by it, but most Brownings have terrible resale value.

There's a Stainless Stalker in 7 Mag on the forum now with a trigger job, upgraded recoil pad, new Vortex Viper, Harris bipod and sling that hasn't yet sold for $800. I'm baffled by it, but most Brownings have terrible resale value.

It is pretty crazy.. I don't get it either. One would think Browning fans would look to save a few hundred bucks. If I were a Browning or Ruger fan I would def look used just for the savings you get buying used.

my 2 cents for what its worth
if it makes your wife happy and you like it
it is a smoking deal.
after 32 years all i know is happy wife happy life.