God help us thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read some of that thread & did even post in it, still site rules need to be observed & while point 9 of the site rules states-
9.Politics Of Hunting And Guns can be discussed but not General Politics

If that controvines point 2 then the discussion is over.

2. Public personal attacks between board members will not be tolerated. Fight via e-mail if you wish but not in public.

I dont know if that occured but I'd say that is the reason it got pulled & the site has the right to pull whatever they like if they think its not in their best interest.

If your against the sites position on this you do have the right to not come back!

Whew... you misinterpreted the whole intent of my post brother. I am all for a venue for us to discuss the issues at hand, but think we should not "bite the hand that feeds us", so-to-speak... meaning to not be offensive to this site's moderators. Without this site and others like it, we would not have the ability to exchange ideas and communicate as we do now.
If we remain civil with the site's owners and moderators, maybe we will remain free to have these discussions. It is THEIR site, and we are the visitors. In-fighting amongst each other is part of the reason we are in the predicament we are realizing at this time.
Have a great evening.

Agree with your intended message and it was misunderstood. No need to offend the owner's of this site for what they allow and don't. It's their house and their rules. My house has rules, don't like them? you can leave if you like.

Stay safe

I did read some of that thread & did even post in it, still site rules need to be observed & while point 9 of the site rules states-
9.Politics Of Hunting And Guns can be discussed but not General Politics

If that controvines point 2 then the discussion is over.

2. Public personal attacks between board members will not be tolerated. Fight via e-mail if you wish but not in public.

I dont know if that occured but I'd say that is the reason it got pulled & the site has the right to pull whatever they like if they think its not in their best interest.

If your against the sites position on this you do have the right to not come back!
I don't mean any disrespect but that's exactly what the thread was about, Gun's and Gun politics

I don't think attacking owners/administrators is the proper way to get consideration for a request.
Let's all try and keep this civil and maybe, just maybe a separate forum will develop.
I too enjoy a break from the exposure to the evil deeds of this world and I enjoy the "escape" of just reading and exchanging ideas on hunting and shooting forums. But... and in my lowly opinion, some things are just to important to ignore.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stewart Mill -
Manitou1

The separate forum that you mention has already been developed. Its right here

Like you, I also enjoy the escape of just reading about hunting and reloading, but if we don't keep informed and act in the political domain we will lose those things.

I'm almost 100% certain that if the grown adults on this site could remain civil, and respect people who's opinion isn't necessarily the same as theirs, then political discussions would be allowed more broadly.

Unfortunately, it's seems more and more like the only way some people are capable of responding to a difference of opinions is with hate and degradation.

Remember, opinions (political or otherwise) are like butt holes... We all have them, and they all smell a little different. What smells bad to you might not smell bad to someone else. And your butt hole might be the most important one to you, but mine is more important to me lol

I'm almost 100% certain that if the grown adults on this site could remain civil, and respect people who's opinion isn't necessarily the same as theirs, then political discussions would be allowed more broadly.

Unfortunately, it's seems more and more like the only way some people are capable of responding to a difference of opinions is with hate and degradation.

Remember, opinions (political or otherwise) are like butt holes... We all have them, and they all smell a little different. What smells bad to you might not smell bad to someone else. And your butt hole might be the most important one to you, but mine is more important to me lol

Well said Sir, well said

I... I don't even really know where to start with this picture....

1) according to who's laws? Since you're saying they should follow the laws of the country that they are moving TO let's go with that. While native Americans may not have had "Laws" they certainly had societal rules. I'm pretty sure that theft, rape, and murder were against those rules, but that certainly didn't stop the immigrants (our forefathers) from doing those things to the local population.

2) you're right, as there was no federal government at that point. They certainly cost the local people far more than money considering the plagues they brought with them...

3) they didn't require the country to adjust to them? I don't even know where to start for that one... They literally killed the local people off to take their land and use it how they saw fit instead of integrating peacefully. They destroyed vast areas of forest and tribal settlements to build farms and cities because they thought their way was better.... They literally changed the fundamental landscape of the country as well as the make up of its people just because they (the immigrants aka our forefathers) wanted to do it the way they were used to doing it.

4) there was not (and still is not) a single "American" flag to burn. So you're right about that part. Since there was no "American" flag to burn, they just burned the original Americans instead....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201124-184938_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201124-184938_Chrome.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.
Who wrote this?

Probably someone lots of people here has some sort of relationship with.
Everyone should let those words sink in before start calling political oposition enemy.
An argument is healthy even among friends.

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.
Who wrote this?

Probably someone lots of people here has some sort of relationship with.
Everyone should let those words sink in before start calling political oposition enemy.
An argument is healthy even among friends.

You nailed it. There is no reason that politcs/religion should be treated adversarialy. Just because somone doesn't share your beliefs (political or religious) doesn't mean that they are an enemy. How they (or you/we/I for that matter) act on that disagreement creates the enemy.

Think of how much good could happen if people stopped working against each other (trying to make the world what they think is best) and started working WITH each other to help make the world best for everyone.

To bring it back to politics of guns and hunting:

Most of you on here grew up in the country or suburbs and view a gun as a useful tool. It can provide food, protection, and enjoyment.

Most of the people that oppose gun ownership grew up in extremely urban areas and only know guns as a tool of violence, fear, and oppression (gangs, thieves etc).

Can you guys not see why they want to get rid of guns?

What do you think would happen if, instead of treating these people like the enemy, even just 10% of gun enthusiasts (like most of us on here) got together, volunteered our time/guns/ammo, and set up friendly, informative, low pressure range days to help people learn the good aspects of firearms instead of only knowing the bad ones that they grew up with?

I'm sure we all own a 22lr pistol and/or rifle and ammunition is super cheap. I've done it, and it always ends up with the peraon having a new respect for guns and changing their view of them for the better.

The problem is the hard left does not debate, compromise or understand.

They are pure fanatics and you will obey or else.

They have the same mindset as Stalin, Mao, Castro, Chavez, Pot Pol and Hitler.

Listen to what they say. They mean every word !

The problem is the hard left does not debate, compromise or understand.

They are pure fanatics and you will obey or else.

They have the same mindset as Stalin, Mao, Castro, Chavez, Pot Pol and Hitler.

Listen to what they say. They mean every word !

If you take the part about Stalin, Mao, etc out of that, it would work for both the hard left and the hard right.

Hard right has stated that they'll kill anyone that trys to take their guns... Sounds like a "you will obey or else" to me

Status
Not open for further replies.