Go ahead poke away ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To reflect on this phenomenon: I believe it's important to have thick skin, it's what made America great. The Special Olympics meme is very distasteful borderline mean spirited. However, it's important to allow folks to express themselves, so we can weigh in and determine if there are the kind of people we want to associate with. I would say if MudRunner is not a child, I would not want to associate myself with him due to him trying to justify his use of a meme that is both insultive and disrespectful to not only mentally handicapped folks but may others. MudRunner may not know this but wounded veterans compete in the SO and its not exclusive to retarded folks. I know many in my mentally handicapped category would be saddened by seeing such a meme, and that saddens me, despite my staunch support of freedom of expression. MudRunner is definitely a C$U#N&T for sure, but it's a free country..
Don't know if I care for your language but I won't be caught crying about it. People need to toughen up grow up and most of the time shut up.

I've got plenty thick skin. I wasn't offended by the 2nd pic that was posted. Thought it to be childish, petty and in poor taste, but it didn't offend me. Thankfully there is an ignore button to use for some of these "Expert Shooters". Some things here would cause a fight if said in a Tavern, face to face. And isn't it ironic that the poster that provided the group with the "******" meme probably argues more here than most. Well, now he knows what he is. "Ignore". Great. Now this site will be more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Not likely but that joke about the special olympics was not in good taste. No one's saying your a bad person.
It was not a joke about the special olympics...It simply used that as a comparison. It was a joke about arguing on the internet. But everyone is only choosing to see the one side that they CAN be offended by. I think the special olympics are awesome. I think it's great that handicapped people have a place to compete with each other in sports. I'm not denying the meme might be in poor taste...I never once said it wasn't. My life has not been a bed of roses, so I try to look at the humor in everything in life, instead of always walking around offended at everything. But assuming things about my character, and calling me a monster (and many many many other derogatory terms) absolutely makes them no better than me. I don't assume anything about any of you. Don't care what color you are, what religion, what gender, how educated, none of that matters. I don't try to assume anything about anyone based on their posts.

Mudd's 2nd photo is offensive, warning given
How in the heck does someone get banned for language and attitude, but Mud get's a warning? Did you read the fine print on that special olympics picture? If you want to send a message to the forum, I would think Muds post checks a lot of boxes...at least delete the post and that picture.

65 meme.JPG

I have never had an issue with you in the past brother - but that one crossed the line. I know you meant it as joke - it was poor taste.
See, this response, I can respect. Calling me names... Not so much, that just fuels that fire that makes me want to tear into someone's fragile psyche even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.