Go ahead poke away ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clicking the "ignore" button makes life much easier. Never see posts from known suspects AND makes threads more interesting. I try to figure out what was said previous to the response. Of course you can click "show ignored", but what's the fun in that.
Using the ignore function more frequently on new members who reference marketing pieces as "facts".

Also, I agree with protecting one's right to offend me or anyone else. "Sticks and stones....." was the generation I grew up in. IMO "insensitivity" falls into the same category as "diversity". Just PC terms for censorship and discrimination.
Len has the right to run the website however he sees fit. I can agree or disagree. If he's wrong, people will leave like they did with ESPN and CNN. Certainly a fine line between protecting one's brand and maintaining liberties.

Don't mean to be rude, but some of y'all are starten to sound like a libtard. They believe if they don't like what's being said they silence the speaker. I strongly support the 2nd amendment, but I also strongly support the 1st.

Don't mean I don't believe in being a gentleman. Doesn't mean I like everything said. However, I see very little difference in stiffling free speach and banning guns.

WARNING issued to Bigfishonafly

Please don't use a word like "libtard"

Don't mean to be rude, but some of y'all are starten to sound like a ------. They believe if they don't like what's being said they silence the speaker. I strongly support the 2nd amendment, but I also strongly support the 1st.

Don't mean I don't believe in being a gentleman. Doesn't mean I like everything said. However, I see very little difference in stiffling free speach and banning guns.

Whether it's the 1st or 2nd amendment, the failure of absolutist's arguments is that neither amendment is ABSOLUTE. It's great and admirable that you support them but openly talk about bombing the plane you're sitting on and my point will be made painfully clear, if it's not clear already.

I think this has more to do with rules of conduct/standards of behavior (ethics) as opposed to Ammendment stomping.

Isn't this the attack professors and school administrators use at our universities to stop conservative thoughts they don't like?

I don't agree with name calling,but if you call me a name I have the choice to be offended or not. Most likely I would just block you. I would still defend your right to call me the name even though I disagree with it. It seems to me that if people are banned for "bad attitude" it is no different than banning a college student for disagreeing with liberal professors.

Whether it's the 1st or 2nd amendment, the failure of absolutist's arguments is that neither amendment is ABSOLUTE. It's great and admirable that you support them but openly talk about bombing the plane you're sitting on and my point will be made painfully clear, if it's not clear already.

I saw no threatening language in any of these posts. Some of it was rude, but not threatening. So if we are for banning rude language, or bad attitudes, are we any different than those who wish to ban automatics, or 10 rd mags? Because as you said no amendment is absolute.

My point is this is a slippery slope I would prefer to stay off of.

WOW!!! when is this going to end??? do all of us not have the right to make the rules for our own house or business? this is Len's house, if you don't like the rules then LEAVE! you have that choice? if you want to stay, then play by his rules, it's as simple as that.

Isn't this the attack professors and school administrators use at our universities to stop conservative thoughts they don't like?

I don't agree with name calling,but if you call me a name I have the choice to be offended or not. Most likely I would just block you. I would still defend your right to call me the name even though I disagree with it. It seems to me that if people are banned for "bad attitude" it is no different than banning a college student for disagreeing with liberal professors.

I can't intelligently comment on what college professors are doing these days. However, I had professors at EKU over 20 years ago who tried to "shape" eager, young minds, but it was still up to the individual to make their own choices.
My post you quoted was just my (humble) opinion that the matter at heart here was simply corrective measures concerning conduct...NOT Ammendment violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts