Gimmick or Gold?

Rem700addict

So I was wondering about this product, the Sims "Barrel De-resonator". I saw it in the Cabela's mag. and it caught my eye with the pics of the improvement in groups with this product. I'm sure there're other brands out there, it's a rubber looking donut that goes on the barrel and can improve your group accuracy. Also does this product have a better affect with sporter type barrels that have greater vibration? I have just never seen one on any long range rifles on this forum, so just had to ask.

I've heard good and bad about them. The look stupid but for a light sporter barrel many people have found them to really tighten up the groups.

One negative I've heard about them is that if the get old/dry/cracked you need to replace them.

I was doubtful too until I put one on my CZ 527 pencil barreled 22 hornet..it improved the groups. Gun normally shot 1"@100 in good conditions now it can shoot .5-.75 inch groups without much effort. Looks like a mud fence but I dont care when it comes to that sweet shootin little carry gun...:cool: For $10, the only real thing it can hurt is your rifle's appearance.

i use them on several rifles, both "slim" and "heavy" bbls. Not ALL rifles see a difference, but those that do, it's a marked improvement.

There is a guy who posted a test on bellmtc. Might want to find and read it. He found no real help and some that shot worse if I remember correctly

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.