Getting into Long Range Shooting... Pennsylvania

Bucky27

Hello All,
Been reading a lot on here and appreciate all the great information.
Have a few nice hunting rigs. Looking to build a PRS/Target rig on a S/A Rem 700. Thinking 6.5 Creedmoor...
Any particular component suggestions would help tremendously.
Thanks again

Ethan

There are many good barrel manufacturers these days. Krieger, Bartlein, Brux, Hawk Hill, Shilen, and others. Have a gunsmith true up your Rem 700 action and then thread, chamber, and install the barrel you found. You'll also need to decide on a stock or chassis.

Look at pa 1000 yard club at Williamsport. At least half dozen lr gunsmiths and many lr hunters. They have a club website with guns and equip for sale. In the spring they run a lr school that includes teaching lr reloading and shooting and provide the equip, guns and ammo

Thank you all for the welcomes!

I am looking into Ridgway Rifle Club, they have 1000 yard Varmint benchrest. 850, 900, 950 and 1000. I have a local Smith helping me out a bit. Should give me some kind of idea of shooting at distance!
I have a couple ranges to practice at local, one gets me 300 the other 500.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.