Geovid sensor tolerances

Hunter66654

I own a pair of Leica Geovid HD B 2200 range finder binoculars and so do 2 of my shooting/hunting friends. Recently we were sitting at a bench waiting for a steel shoot to get under way. We started ranging targets at various distances and angles and compared the computed shoot to distances.We were surprised at the differences in the results generated by the 3 units. For example at 500 or 600 yards the computed shoot to distance was as much as 35 to 40 yards between the units. I was surprised . All 3 units had been outdoors for over and hour and laying on the bench which was shaded by a portable cover. Your comments and/or suggestions will be appreciated.

I own a pair of Leica Geovid HD B 2200 range finder binoculars and so do 2 of my shooting/hunting friends. Recently we were sitting at a bench waiting for a steel shoot to get under way. We started ranging targets at various distances and angles and compared the computed shoot to distances.We were surprised at the differences in the results generated by the 3 units. For example at 500 or 600 yards the computed shoot to distance was as much as 35 to 40 yards between the units. I was surprised . All 3 units had been outdoors for over and hour and laying on the bench which was shaded by a portable cover. Your comments and/or suggestions will be appreciated.
I would try and meet up again with those guys and do more testing, huntsxhunta made a lot of sense in the thread below, It does not matter if the LRF cost 200$ 1000$ or 500K like what huntaxhunta is talking about, There might not be anything wrong with your Geo's X 3 pairs, it could be just what mother nature is doing, Just because they can range like crazy does not mean they are right, Mother nature has the final say regardless of the brand.

hope that helps, https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/rangefinder-in-snow-conditions.199907/

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.